Asexual or depressed? (Yeah, another one).

I’m [F26] not sure if I feel sexually attracted to my SO [M31] of almost 2 years. It’s making me question my sexuality as a whole.

Before I met him, I had a few opportunities to have sex but turned them down as I didn’t feel the pull. I didn’t feel attracted to those men in the slightest so I didn’t want it. Although I thought my current SO was absolutely incredible and I felt a spark almost immediately when we met and initially dated, I didn’t really feel that animalistic sexual desire with my SO when we first had sex either. I wrote it off as performance anxiety because he has so much more experience than I do. I figured I was nervous that I’d put off sex for so long that I was bound to be terrible.

For a while, I’d feel really wonderful and emotionally connected after sex. I enjoyed it with him and orgasmed just about every time.

Now, I feel almost nothing when we have sex. Physically, emotionally, I’m just waiting for it to be over and for him to feel satisfied. He’s so generous and tries so hard to make me feel good, but my body just feels kinda numb. I know I love him, but I’m starting to wonder if I’m asexual. I WANT to feel super horny and that deep desire but I just don’t. And I’m double thinking if I ever have.

Also worth noting: I’ve been struggling with hormonal birth control issues for the entirety of our relationship (I got on the pill a few weeks in, switched into the Mirena, and have had the Paragard nonhormonal IUD since last May). I’m pretty sure I’m depressed again (I was extremely depressed or on an SSRI from 15-22) and my libido/arousal is basically nonexistent. I suspect some kind of hormonal imbalance or thyroid issue either triggered by or resulting from hormonal birth control use. I stopped about 9 months ago. Work has been causing me an insane amount of stress, as well.

Tl;dr: I’ve been depressed or on antidepressants (although I’ve been off them now for 4 years) for a majority of my sexual years so I’m not sure what I should be feeling with my boyfriend. Am I not sexually attracted to him if I don’t experience that animalistic desire so many people talk about?

I’m [F26] not sure if I feel sexually attracted to my SO [M31] of almost 2 years. It’s making me question my sexuality as a whole.Before I met him, I had a few opportunities to have sex but turned them down as I didn’t feel the pull. I didn’t feel attracted to those men in the slightest so I didn’t want it. Although I thought my current SO was absolutely incredible and I felt a spark almost immediately when we met and initially dated, I didn’t really feel that animalistic sexual desire with my SO when we first had sex either. I wrote it off as performance anxiety because he has so much more experience than I do. I figured I was nervous that I’d put off sex for so long that I was bound to be terrible.For a while, I’d feel really wonderful and emotionally connected after sex. I enjoyed it with him and orgasmed just about every time.Now, I feel almost nothing when we have sex. Physically, emotionally, I’m just waiting for it to be over and for him to feel satisfied. He’s so generous and tries so hard to make me feel good, but my body just feels kinda numb. I know I love him, but I’m starting to wonder if I’m asexual. I WANT to feel super horny and that deep desire but I just don’t. And I’m double thinking if I ever have.Also worth noting: I’ve been struggling with hormonal birth control issues for the entirety of our relationship (I got on the pill a few weeks in, switched into the Mirena, and have had the Paragard nonhormonal IUD since last May). I’m pretty sure I’m depressed again (I was extremely depressed or on an SSRI from 15-22) and my libido/arousal is basically nonexistent. I suspect some kind of hormonal imbalance or thyroid issue either triggered by or resulting from hormonal birth control use. I stopped about 9 months ago. Work has been causing me an insane amount of stress, as well.Tl;dr: I’ve been depressed or on antidepressants (although I’ve been off them now for 4 years) for a majority of my sexual years so I’m not sure what I should be feeling with my boyfriend. Am I not sexually attracted to him if I don’t experience that animalistic desire so many people talk about? http://ift.tt/eA8V8J http://ift.tt/2EKvF4Q

Comments