18F 112lb 5'5 USA
Relevant: from September to December of 2017 I was in college in New York. As of the very end of December 2017 till now, I am back home in Washington D.C. I was extremely stressed in college and less so when I got home. My eating patterns are about the same, but my exercise level dropped significantly since coming home. (I didn't exercise in NY but walked about 10-15,000 steps per day according to my phone, meanwhile at home it's like 3,000). I was also much colder in NY. I have heat here.
I have been taking 2 hormonal medications. 1 is an anti testosterone medication. I have been taking it for ~7 months. I was taking 25 mg for 6 of those months. This worked perfectly and I never had any issues at all. It had a very strong effect on me.
Literally within 2 days of coming home, the anti testosterone medication entirely stopped working. Since then I have been taking 50 mg, and it has been working better, but still not very well. This is a medicine that people can potentially build tolerance to, but usually it takes years and years.
The second medication was estrogen hormonal supplementation (pills). I was taking that for 2-3 months. I got home, and it worked for about 3 days. I then ran out of one prescription, and my pharmacy had given me the generic version (usually I had been taking non-generic) for the next box, so I tried that. The next morning I could tell it wasn't working at all. I tried it for about 2 weeks to absolutely no effect before my doctor said I should switch back. I got the non-generic box, the one I had always taken in the past with no problems, and that didn't work either. I have now been taking it for a month. Some days it works very, very slightly, and some days it has a very extreme opposite effect, and some days it does nothing. That is the weirdest part to me--I'd say most days it has a very noticeable opposite effect (I can tell because occasionally I don't take it for a few days, and my symptoms are minor, and then I take it and my symptoms shoot back up). Unlike the non-generic one, which simply had no effect whatsoever, this has a blatant effect on my body, but it's the opposite of what it used to do.
In the meantime, around the middle of January, I also tried an estrogen cream a couple times as replacement. I actually ordered it from Amazon, but it contains estriol and estradiol. It worked very well once, and ever since has basically no effect.
What is happening? Why did my body start rejecting all these medications?
I know tolerance is a thing, but generally not with natural hormone supplementation, and it is never this sudden. It builds overtime, not overnight.
Please do not ask why I am taking it (obviously hormonal imbalance!) I often ask questions on this subreddit, then get follow-up questions, and then zero answers or even suggestions. Please only respond if you have an idea or an answer.
18F 112lb 5'5 USARelevant: from September to December of 2017 I was in college in New York. As of the very end of December 2017 till now, I am back home in Washington D.C. I was extremely stressed in college and less so when I got home. My eating patterns are about the same, but my exercise level dropped significantly since coming home. (I didn't exercise in NY but walked about 10-15,000 steps per day according to my phone, meanwhile at home it's like 3,000). I was also much colder in NY. I have heat here.I have been taking 2 hormonal medications. 1 is an anti testosterone medication. I have been taking it for ~7 months. I was taking 25 mg for 6 of those months. This worked perfectly and I never had any issues at all. It had a very strong effect on me.Literally within 2 days of coming home, the anti testosterone medication entirely stopped working. Since then I have been taking 50 mg, and it has been working better, but still not very well. This is a medicine that people can potentially build tolerance to, but usually it takes years and years.The second medication was estrogen hormonal supplementation (pills). I was taking that for 2-3 months. I got home, and it worked for about 3 days. I then ran out of one prescription, and my pharmacy had given me the generic version (usually I had been taking non-generic) for the next box, so I tried that. The next morning I could tell it wasn't working at all. I tried it for about 2 weeks to absolutely no effect before my doctor said I should switch back. I got the non-generic box, the one I had always taken in the past with no problems, and that didn't work either. I have now been taking it for a month. Some days it works very, very slightly, and some days it has a very extreme opposite effect, and some days it does nothing. That is the weirdest part to me--I'd say most days it has a very noticeable opposite effect (I can tell because occasionally I don't take it for a few days, and my symptoms are minor, and then I take it and my symptoms shoot back up). Unlike the non-generic one, which simply had no effect whatsoever, this has a blatant effect on my body, but it's the opposite of what it used to do.In the meantime, around the middle of January, I also tried an estrogen cream a couple times as replacement. I actually ordered it from Amazon, but it contains estriol and estradiol. It worked very well once, and ever since has basically no effect.What is happening? Why did my body start rejecting all these medications?I know tolerance is a thing, but generally not with natural hormone supplementation, and it is never this sudden. It builds overtime, not overnight.Please do not ask why I am taking it (obviously hormonal imbalance!) I often ask questions on this subreddit, then get follow-up questions, and then zero answers or even suggestions. Please only respond if you have an idea or an answer. http://ift.tt/eA8V8J http://ift.tt/2sBDk0r
Comments
Post a Comment