Drugs for too much inhibition?

I'm a guy, 28 years old, and my biggest mental issue is that I can't disinhibit myself and feel. This has always happened to me and does not seem to be the result of trauma, depression or crippling anxiety. It involves many things that continuously affect my life:

  • I don't enjoy listening to music and never feel like dancing to it.

  • I've tried but never felt the 'spirit of the crowd', or the ego dissolution that comes from taking part in collective acts like a political rally.

  • My speech is hesitant, like I'm always looking for the right words rather than saying the first thing that comes to my mind. Also a bit monotonous.

  • ‎I have a tendency to overthink, overanalyze or intellectualize everything. I find reading fiction like a boring waste of time for this reason.

  • I don't fully enjoy sex because I find it difficult to get sexually aroused and get distracted easily while practicing it.

  • ‎I've never fallen in love with any of my partners. My breakups are always painless. I just can't bond, but I still need the intimacy.

  • ‎My emotional reactions are flat and feel forced. If an excited friend tells me the news that she just passed an exam, I may say 'That's great, congratulations!' and force a smile, but all I feel inside is 'message received'.

After reading a lot, I have the hypothesis that these are all cues that I suffer from some sort of neurochemical or hormonal imbalance that causes an overactive prefrontal cortex.

Finally, an interesting thing is that some of these effects can disappear while I'm on weed. For example, I listened to music while high and finally understood why people in clubs close their eyes and smile while they dance. I've had sex while on weed and finally felt it was a fully satisfactory experience. (This doesn't happen with alcohol, I still have a lot of self-control when I'm drunk).

I'd like advice about what kind of prescription drugs, nootropics or illegal substances I could try to improve myself or know more about the problem. I'm already trying exercise and meditation.

Thanks.

tl;dr: I have a natural inability to let go of my thoughts and feel, and I need to know what's wrong with me, and what drugs could address this problem, as it is lowering my quality of life.

I'm a guy, 28 years old, and my biggest mental issue is that I can't disinhibit myself and feel. This has always happened to me and does not seem to be the result of trauma, depression or crippling anxiety. It involves many things that continuously affect my life:I don't enjoy listening to music and never feel like dancing to it.I've tried but never felt the 'spirit of the crowd', or the ego dissolution that comes from taking part in collective acts like a political rally.My speech is hesitant, like I'm always looking for the right words rather than saying the first thing that comes to my mind. Also a bit monotonous.‎I have a tendency to overthink, overanalyze or intellectualize everything. I find reading fiction like a boring waste of time for this reason.I don't fully enjoy sex because I find it difficult to get sexually aroused and get distracted easily while practicing it.‎I've never fallen in love with any of my partners. My breakups are always painless. I just can't bond, but I still need the intimacy.‎My emotional reactions are flat and feel forced. If an excited friend tells me the news that she just passed an exam, I may say 'That's great, congratulations!' and force a smile, but all I feel inside is 'message received'.After reading a lot, I have the hypothesis that these are all cues that I suffer from some sort of neurochemical or hormonal imbalance that causes an overactive prefrontal cortex.Finally, an interesting thing is that some of these effects can disappear while I'm on weed. For example, I listened to music while high and finally understood why people in clubs close their eyes and smile while they dance. I've had sex while on weed and finally felt it was a fully satisfactory experience. (This doesn't happen with alcohol, I still have a lot of self-control when I'm drunk).I'd like advice about what kind of prescription drugs, nootropics or illegal substances I could try to improve myself or know more about the problem. I'm already trying exercise and meditation.Thanks.tl;dr: I have a natural inability to let go of my thoughts and feel, and I need to know what's wrong with me, and what drugs could address this problem, as it is lowering my quality of life. http://ift.tt/eA8V8J http://ift.tt/2oxvQGC

Comments