The copper IUD is messing with my hormones

Anyone else chart their cycles or keep track of their luteal phase length? I've charted my cycles religiously for 10 years, and even continued to do so after I got the Paragard IUD 6 months ago.

I'm glad I did because I noticed that it has greatly shortened my luteal phase, which means it's messing with my progesterone and causing a hormonal Imbalance. My LP was consistently 14 days long like clockwork for all my 10 years of charting. The first cycle with this IUD it was only 6 days. I was upset because I don't like things messing with my hormones - it's THE reason I got the Paragard in the first place. But I decided to give it some time, hoping it was a fluke or would even out shortly.

6 months later and not only is my LP still 6 days long but holy hell the side affects! It's just like I'm taking hormonal birth control. I'm getting heart palpitations (this started my first cycle with the IUD too), crazy anxiety and panic attacks, PMS from hell, weird body aches and I'm losing some hair. :(

I googled my symptoms and lo and behold I have almost every symptom of a hormonal Imbalance it estrogen dominance.

Apparently the way the copper IUD works is by causing the release of prostaglandins in the uterus, which can affect your hormones. I guess it's just not agreeing with me. I'm getting it out next week and hopefully will start to feel like myself again soon.

Anyone else having these issues with the copper IUD?

Anyone else chart their cycles or keep track of their luteal phase length? I've charted my cycles religiously for 10 years, and even continued to do so after I got the Paragard IUD 6 months ago.I'm glad I did because I noticed that it has greatly shortened my luteal phase, which means it's messing with my progesterone and causing a hormonal Imbalance. My LP was consistently 14 days long like clockwork for all my 10 years of charting. The first cycle with this IUD it was only 6 days. I was upset because I don't like things messing with my hormones - it's THE reason I got the Paragard in the first place. But I decided to give it some time, hoping it was a fluke or would even out shortly.6 months later and not only is my LP still 6 days long but holy hell the side affects! It's just like I'm taking hormonal birth control. I'm getting heart palpitations (this started my first cycle with the IUD too), crazy anxiety and panic attacks, PMS from hell, weird body aches and I'm losing some hair. :(I googled my symptoms and lo and behold I have almost every symptom of a hormonal Imbalance it estrogen dominance.Apparently the way the copper IUD works is by causing the release of prostaglandins in the uterus, which can affect your hormones. I guess it's just not agreeing with me. I'm getting it out next week and hopefully will start to feel like myself again soon.Anyone else having these issues with the copper IUD? http://ift.tt/eA8V8J http://ift.tt/2EJBZcN

Comments