[Acne] On Sides of Mouth

Hi ScA,

I'm posting on behalf of my gf, who is still new to Reddit.

Before we met, she had clear skin until she took birth control. The pills gave her insane stroke-esque aura migraines, and when she stopped taking them her skin "went crazy".

For years, she tried "everything" and when we met she was on accutane. This gave her clear skin for a while. As a preventative, we entirely reinvented our diet. For the last 5 years, we've eaten insanely well. No dairy, no gluten, no soy, lots of veggies. She also takes probiotics. I can't speak the details her routine, but most recently she had been using tea tree oil and (until recently) was having success.

We work in Asia at a school, and we get sick occasionally. She took a few rounds of antibiotics over the to clear up some serious illness, and her skin hasn't recovered. Her acne emerges at the sides of her mouth. She suspects she might have a hormonal imbalance, potentially causing these specific breakouts.

As a disclaimer, I love her more than anything, and I am not bothered at all by her skin. She is beautiful and I don't notice. However, she is frustrated by her skin and her journey, and I'm just trying to help in my own idiot-boyfriend way.

Any help or thoughts, links or guidance is appreciated.

Hi ScA,I'm posting on behalf of my gf, who is still new to Reddit.Before we met, she had clear skin until she took birth control. The pills gave her insane stroke-esque aura migraines, and when she stopped taking them her skin "went crazy".For years, she tried "everything" and when we met she was on accutane. This gave her clear skin for a while. As a preventative, we entirely reinvented our diet. For the last 5 years, we've eaten insanely well. No dairy, no gluten, no soy, lots of veggies. She also takes probiotics. I can't speak the details her routine, but most recently she had been using tea tree oil and (until recently) was having success.We work in Asia at a school, and we get sick occasionally. She took a few rounds of antibiotics over the to clear up some serious illness, and her skin hasn't recovered. Her acne emerges at the sides of her mouth. She suspects she might have a hormonal imbalance, potentially causing these specific breakouts.As a disclaimer, I love her more than anything, and I am not bothered at all by her skin. She is beautiful and I don't notice. However, she is frustrated by her skin and her journey, and I'm just trying to help in my own idiot-boyfriend way.Any help or thoughts, links or guidance is appreciated. https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/2GRZHSZ

Comments