Not sure if my symptoms are the cause of hormonal imbalance or a mental disease

I'm 31 yrs old male. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's when I was 18 years old, and since then, I'm taking Levothyroxine on a daily basis.

Over the years my dosage increased: I started with 350mcg a week and today I'm at 900mcg a week. That being said, in the last 5 years, my dosage remained the same and my TSH levels are usually on the low-side (<1.5 on avg). In addition to that, some of the physical symptoms have gotten a lot better: I'm not tired as I used to be, I was able to lose a lot of weight and maintain it for a while, I no longer feel weakness or have any sort of physical pains.

On the mental side of things, I'm still depressed, angry, irritable, and surprisingly, have a very high-libido. I've had these issues for years, and I think that becoming a father has motivated me to deal with them. I'm trying to connect all the pieces of the puzzle and see if it's hormonal imbalance that can be fixed with medicine or if it's a mental thing that will require some other type of treatment.

I've scheduled both a psychiatrist and endocrinologist evaluation to try and understand what the hell is going on with me.

I was hoping to hear from you if anyone is\was in a similar condition and if you have any tips on what I should ask the endocrinologist to test for.

Appreciate your help!

I'm 31 yrs old male. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's when I was 18 years old, and since then, I'm taking Levothyroxine on a daily basis.Over the years my dosage increased: I started with 350mcg a week and today I'm at 900mcg a week. That being said, in the last 5 years, my dosage remained the same and my TSH levels are usually on the low-side (<1.5 on avg). In addition to that, some of the physical symptoms have gotten a lot better: I'm not tired as I used to be, I was able to lose a lot of weight and maintain it for a while, I no longer feel weakness or have any sort of physical pains.On the mental side of things, I'm still depressed, angry, irritable, and surprisingly, have a very high-libido. I've had these issues for years, and I think that becoming a father has motivated me to deal with them. I'm trying to connect all the pieces of the puzzle and see if it's hormonal imbalance that can be fixed with medicine or if it's a mental thing that will require some other type of treatment.I've scheduled both a psychiatrist and endocrinologist evaluation to try and understand what the hell is going on with me.I was hoping to hear from you if anyone is\was in a similar condition and if you have any tips on what I should ask the endocrinologist to test for.Appreciate your help! http://ifttt.com/images/no_image_card.png https://www.reddit.com/r/Hypothyroidism/comments/92gjtt/not_sure_if_my_symptoms_are_the_cause_of_hormonal/?utm_source=ifttt

Comments