I would hate to be diagnosing myself but...

I really hate to be jumping the gun on this but the more research I do the more convinced I am that I have hypothyroidism.

The issue is..my lab results don’t throw me into that category. I have read in a few places though that despite labs being in normal ranges, the patterns make a big difference (i.e if x is lower than y when in a normal functioning thyroid it should be reversed). So I was just wondering if anyone here would know if these results are anything to be worried about.

Lab Results: (02/2017) Tsh: 2.63 T4: 1.20 T3: 2.9 Thyroglobulin: 14 Thyroid peroxidase: 19 Reverse T3: 24.7

To give a little background: I started my period at 10 years old. After my very first period, I didn’t get it again until about a year later. My next period lasted 9 months, nonstop. My GP at the time said this is due to hormonal imbalances and put me on medication (I have no idea what the name was as I was only a child). I did not take it for long though, around 4-6 weeks. Nothing changed and my period would be present for a few months straight at a time, then disappear for a few months. When I was 16, my period came for 11 months straight, during which I ended up in the hospital and received blood transfusions. The frustrating part of all this is..I’ve had pelvic ultrasounds done which never show anything to worry about, so every doctor has just given me birth control to take to straighten out my hormones. I however have horrible side effects from birth control and greatly decrease my quality of life if I take them regularly.

The reason why I can’t help but think I have thyroid issues is that I have menstrual issues, weight gain, migraine headaches, dry skin, dry brittle hair that has fallen out so much I have bald spots and am only in my 20s, anxiety disorder, just to name a few.

I really hate to be jumping the gun on this but the more research I do the more convinced I am that I have hypothyroidism.The issue is..my lab results don’t throw me into that category. I have read in a few places though that despite labs being in normal ranges, the patterns make a big difference (i.e if x is lower than y when in a normal functioning thyroid it should be reversed). So I was just wondering if anyone here would know if these results are anything to be worried about.Lab Results: (02/2017) Tsh: 2.63 T4: 1.20 T3: 2.9 Thyroglobulin: 14 Thyroid peroxidase: 19 Reverse T3: 24.7To give a little background: I started my period at 10 years old. After my very first period, I didn’t get it again until about a year later. My next period lasted 9 months, nonstop. My GP at the time said this is due to hormonal imbalances and put me on medication (I have no idea what the name was as I was only a child). I did not take it for long though, around 4-6 weeks. Nothing changed and my period would be present for a few months straight at a time, then disappear for a few months. When I was 16, my period came for 11 months straight, during which I ended up in the hospital and received blood transfusions. The frustrating part of all this is..I’ve had pelvic ultrasounds done which never show anything to worry about, so every doctor has just given me birth control to take to straighten out my hormones. I however have horrible side effects from birth control and greatly decrease my quality of life if I take them regularly.The reason why I can’t help but think I have thyroid issues is that I have menstrual issues, weight gain, migraine headaches, dry skin, dry brittle hair that has fallen out so much I have bald spots and am only in my 20s, anxiety disorder, just to name a few. https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/2MD3BoQ

Comments