[Study] seen on r/Science, Evidence: Increased BMI Causes Lower Mental Wellbeing

Disclaimer: I am not presenting this as my stance on anything aggreeing or disagreeing with the findings. I just thought it might be interesting to post here for discussion.

Article is here.

Research is here.

I haven't been able to read the actual research yet, but my gut says I can believe it. With so many pressures in society to be or loom a certain way, the (un)conscious treatment of overweight people, and other factors - it's easier for higher BMI to have a negative outlook as the world against us all.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are also other hormonal imbalances from weight gain that make these feelings easier to feel as well.

In any case, it's interesting that there is a casual effect and not just a high correlation.

TL;DR Article: The University of Bristol tests found causation that higher BMI affects mental wellbeing negatively.

Disclaimer: I am not presenting this as my stance on anything aggreeing or disagreeing with the findings. I just thought it might be interesting to post here for discussion.Article is here.Research is here.I haven't been able to read the actual research yet, but my gut says I can believe it. With so many pressures in society to be or loom a certain way, the (un)conscious treatment of overweight people, and other factors - it's easier for higher BMI to have a negative outlook as the world against us all.I wouldn't be surprised if there are also other hormonal imbalances from weight gain that make these feelings easier to feel as well.In any case, it's interesting that there is a casual effect and not just a high correlation.TL;DR Article: The University of Bristol tests found causation that higher BMI affects mental wellbeing negatively. https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/2NbZcES

Comments