Sudden lumps all over body

Hey there,

I'm doing my best to not overthink the lumps I've been finding in my body – I've done a lot of reading regarding benign cysts, lipomas and fatty growths. I do not, however, understand these issues well enough and wanted to get advice/opinions from this community. Side note: I am meeting with and speaking with doctors in my area, and actually have a cyst removal surgery coming soon (waiting for an appointment confirmation.)

I am having a Bartholin's cyst (my GP and gyno are both confident that's what it is and I have no reason to doubt them) removed. It is not painful, but it is drastically disrupting my sex life and adversely affecting my relationship/sexual health. It's hard, immobile, and has been there for about 2 years.

More than that, in the last several weeks, I've been finding growths all over my body. I have hard lumps (about 6-7) all around my pelvic region. They're the size of garbanzo beans, with two of them elongated rather than circular. I also have an oval shaped lump on the side of my neck (roughly the same size.) I've found more here and there as I started feeling around, they're mostly clustered around my pelvic region – the one on my neck is the farthest one out.

The lumps in my pelvic region appeared about 6 weeks ago, and the one in my neck about 2-3 weeks ago.

So my ultimate question is: Is it possible that my body, for whatever natural and normal reason, is developing benign cysts and growths suddenly? Or is the sudden growth in one general location (with the exception of the neck) a means for concern?

Note: the first set of lumps I noticed in the pelvic region are around where I believe the lymph nodes are located. So of course, I figured they must be a bit swollen because the Bartholin's cyst, while usually harmless, is still a foreign element that my body probably doesn't want inside of it. But the new lumps I've been finding do not seem to be close to the lymph nodes. The one in my neck, for example, is closer to the base of my neck – not where the lymph nodes are located.

Here are my general details:

• Female, Caucasian, 26, 112 pounds (I've lost about 10 pounds in the last year, but was only active for about 3-4 of those months), 5'4".

• Bartholin's cyst: ~2 years; Lumps in pelvic region: ~2 months; Lump in neck: ~2-3 weeks

• High-stress job, but generally less stressed in the last year than I've been throughout multiple periods in my life.

• Not a big drinker (a glass or two of wine a week, about 2-3 cocktails once a month) and non-smoker. Not on any heavy medications. I take Aleve for my severe migraines before my period, and take Evening Primose Oil nightly for skin maintenance (I have mild acne, more so around my period.)

• The lumps are well under the skin and not visible. There is no swelling or redness. The one in my neck feels a bit bigger today than when I first felt it 2-3 weeks ago, but the lump is barely visible for now.

Apart from the surgery, I also have upcoming blood work to check my hormonal levels. I needed to start somewhere to figure out my health, and have had the standard symptoms of hormonal imbalances (fatigue, depression, anxiety, abnormal hair growth, painful and heavy periods and bloating, severely low libido, etc.) But before I address these new growths with my doctor, I do want some opinions to help shape my understanding of what's going on.

Thank you in advance!

Hey there,I'm doing my best to not overthink the lumps I've been finding in my body – I've done a lot of reading regarding benign cysts, lipomas and fatty growths. I do not, however, understand these issues well enough and wanted to get advice/opinions from this community. Side note: I am meeting with and speaking with doctors in my area, and actually have a cyst removal surgery coming soon (waiting for an appointment confirmation.)I am having a Bartholin's cyst (my GP and gyno are both confident that's what it is and I have no reason to doubt them) removed. It is not painful, but it is drastically disrupting my sex life and adversely affecting my relationship/sexual health. It's hard, immobile, and has been there for about 2 years.More than that, in the last several weeks, I've been finding growths all over my body. I have hard lumps (about 6-7) all around my pelvic region. They're the size of garbanzo beans, with two of them elongated rather than circular. I also have an oval shaped lump on the side of my neck (roughly the same size.) I've found more here and there as I started feeling around, they're mostly clustered around my pelvic region – the one on my neck is the farthest one out.The lumps in my pelvic region appeared about 6 weeks ago, and the one in my neck about 2-3 weeks ago.So my ultimate question is: Is it possible that my body, for whatever natural and normal reason, is developing benign cysts and growths suddenly? Or is the sudden growth in one general location (with the exception of the neck) a means for concern?Note: the first set of lumps I noticed in the pelvic region are around where I believe the lymph nodes are located. So of course, I figured they must be a bit swollen because the Bartholin's cyst, while usually harmless, is still a foreign element that my body probably doesn't want inside of it. But the new lumps I've been finding do not seem to be close to the lymph nodes. The one in my neck, for example, is closer to the base of my neck – not where the lymph nodes are located.–Here are my general details:• Female, Caucasian, 26, 112 pounds (I've lost about 10 pounds in the last year, but was only active for about 3-4 of those months), 5'4".• Bartholin's cyst: ~2 years; Lumps in pelvic region: ~2 months; Lump in neck: ~2-3 weeks• High-stress job, but generally less stressed in the last year than I've been throughout multiple periods in my life.• Not a big drinker (a glass or two of wine a week, about 2-3 cocktails once a month) and non-smoker. Not on any heavy medications. I take Aleve for my severe migraines before my period, and take Evening Primose Oil nightly for skin maintenance (I have mild acne, more so around my period.)• The lumps are well under the skin and not visible. There is no swelling or redness. The one in my neck feels a bit bigger today than when I first felt it 2-3 weeks ago, but the lump is barely visible for now.–Apart from the surgery, I also have upcoming blood work to check my hormonal levels. I needed to start somewhere to figure out my health, and have had the standard symptoms of hormonal imbalances (fatigue, depression, anxiety, abnormal hair growth, painful and heavy periods and bloating, severely low libido, etc.) But before I address these new growths with my doctor, I do want some opinions to help shape my understanding of what's going on.Thank you in advance! https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/2CV2x9F

Comments