Stack for management of DPDR

Hi, i am looking for some confirmation on my ideas regarding my stack for DPDR and some possible inclusions.

As far as I'm aware, DPDR is generally under the anxiety umbrella and can caused by many factors, including oxidisive stress, hormonal imbalances , brain gut axis, prefrontal cortex damage, autistic traits in adulthood, low immune system etc etc. I am not particularly sure what is causing my case, my health service isn't very good and they won't investigate the minutiae as DPDR isn't really recognised. I have had bloods taken and as far as I'm aware things were normal, and I am "stable" so doctors don't mind so much. If I were to pursue the neurology or psychology further I would have to pay far more than I can afford. (UK based, NHS covers basic treatment. Would need to go private)

Generally speaking, anxiety stacks seem to fix the mental symptoms, and stimulants seem to fix the physical symptoms, but these stacks often come with massive variability and downsides. I'd like some fresh perspective on my approach.

 

Current routine (10 months and going):

High protein(45%~), low carbs(30%~), moderate fats(25%~), minimal gluten diet.

Diet does vary occaisonally as it is hard to be strict and social.

6-9 hours sleep (varies dependant on workload)

3-4 45min strength training sessions per week (I will miss a session if I'm sick)

1x weekly 6min sunbed (I live in northern hemisphere, winter seasons and working hours = no daylight)

Strict no caffeine unless meeting uni deadlines.

 

Static stack:

NAC on workout offdays (600mg-1200mg)

B6 10mg

D3 4000-8000 IU

Magnesium (1g threonate, 700mg glycinate, 600mg taurate)

Zinc picolinate 22mg

Lions mane 1g

CDP Choline 250-500mg

 

Semi-regular/conditional supplements

Sulbutiamine 600mg

Bacopa 1400mg (I have trialed this a few times, can't make up my mind)

Ashwagandha 500mg-1g as needed

Anti histamines (I suffer pretty intense allergies almost everyday)

Phenibut HCL 250mg-1g(no more than 1x weekly, for big social events)

Coffee (when uni work requires it)

 

Things I could be doing better:

Creatine

DHEA?

Lithium?

Probiotics/prebiotics?

Mushroom extracts?

Vit K2?

Genetic testing/23andme

 

Notable characteristics:

No "observable" anxiety. I don't feel scared or tense, or avoidance.

No "observable" depression. I don't particularly feel sad, or like hurting myself. I do usually enjoy my day to day. Have tried Prozac for 6 months but didn't enjoy it.

Poor social skills, almost autism-like. Not sure if dpdr or other complications.

Very poor immune system. Monthly viral infections, if someone gets the cold I will most likely get it. Allergy flares very frequently.

1cm diameter Lump on neck, possibly inflamed lympth node? Should probably get it checked out. Has been noticed by doctor but no sample taken, possibly low risk.

After incorporating all of this, I do feel my general situation has improved. The symptoms are still very much there, but I am managing them way better than before. Let me know your thoughts, thanks for reading.

Hi, i am looking for some confirmation on my ideas regarding my stack for DPDR and some possible inclusions.As far as I'm aware, DPDR is generally under the anxiety umbrella and can caused by many factors, including oxidisive stress, hormonal imbalances , brain gut axis, prefrontal cortex damage, autistic traits in adulthood, low immune system etc etc. I am not particularly sure what is causing my case, my health service isn't very good and they won't investigate the minutiae as DPDR isn't really recognised. I have had bloods taken and as far as I'm aware things were normal, and I am "stable" so doctors don't mind so much. If I were to pursue the neurology or psychology further I would have to pay far more than I can afford. (UK based, NHS covers basic treatment. Would need to go private)Generally speaking, anxiety stacks seem to fix the mental symptoms, and stimulants seem to fix the physical symptoms, but these stacks often come with massive variability and downsides. I'd like some fresh perspective on my approach. Current routine (10 months and going):High protein(45%~), low carbs(30%~), moderate fats(25%~), minimal gluten diet.Diet does vary occaisonally as it is hard to be strict and social.6-9 hours sleep (varies dependant on workload)3-4 45min strength training sessions per week (I will miss a session if I'm sick)1x weekly 6min sunbed (I live in northern hemisphere, winter seasons and working hours = no daylight)Strict no caffeine unless meeting uni deadlines. Static stack:NAC on workout offdays (600mg-1200mg)B6 10mgD3 4000-8000 IUMagnesium (1g threonate, 700mg glycinate, 600mg taurate)Zinc picolinate 22mgLions mane 1gCDP Choline 250-500mg Semi-regular/conditional supplementsSulbutiamine 600mgBacopa 1400mg (I have trialed this a few times, can't make up my mind)Ashwagandha 500mg-1g as neededAnti histamines (I suffer pretty intense allergies almost everyday)Phenibut HCL 250mg-1g(no more than 1x weekly, for big social events)Coffee (when uni work requires it) Things I could be doing better:CreatineDHEA?Lithium?Probiotics/prebiotics?Mushroom extracts?Vit K2?Genetic testing/23andme Notable characteristics:No "observable" anxiety. I don't feel scared or tense, or avoidance.No "observable" depression. I don't particularly feel sad, or like hurting myself. I do usually enjoy my day to day. Have tried Prozac for 6 months but didn't enjoy it.Poor social skills, almost autism-like. Not sure if dpdr or other complications.Very poor immune system. Monthly viral infections, if someone gets the cold I will most likely get it. Allergy flares very frequently.1cm diameter Lump on neck, possibly inflamed lympth node? Should probably get it checked out. Has been noticed by doctor but no sample taken, possibly low risk.After incorporating all of this, I do feel my general situation has improved. The symptoms are still very much there, but I am managing them way better than before. Let me know your thoughts, thanks for reading. https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/2Ea5JgH

Comments