Body positivity is killing people (mostly women)

It's okay to be chubby (I am), it's okay to be kind of overweight, but it is not okay to be obese.

Kindly correct me if I'm wrong, but I have friends and seen people online who are obese and post shit about how people should be content with the bodies they have. I agree, until you cross the line of being so fat that you're essentially killing yourself faster.

To be clear tho, I do not condone shaming of anyone who is obese, I know that there are cases wherein their obesity is bc of genetics or some kind of hormonal imbalance. I just don't think we should let our obese friends and loved ones continue to be like this, like reach out to them without being condescending and help them fight obesity.

It's okay to be chubby (I am), it's okay to be kind of overweight, but it is not okay to be obese.Kindly correct me if I'm wrong, but I have friends and seen people online who are obese and post shit about how people should be content with the bodies they have. I agree, until you cross the line of being so fat that you're essentially killing yourself faster.To be clear tho, I do not condone shaming of anyone who is obese, I know that there are cases wherein their obesity is bc of genetics or some kind of hormonal imbalance. I just don't think we should let our obese friends and loved ones continue to be like this, like reach out to them without being condescending and help them fight obesity. https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/2TGuE1b

Comments