Genetic hair loss Vs hormonal haor loss

I'm a little confused about this so anyone willing to help me understand this would be greatly appreciated.

From my understanding hair loss due to hormonal imbalance (elevated testosterone etc) is termed as androgenetic alopecia and so is hereditary hair loss.

I was diagnosed with female pattern hair loss in October and pcos a year earlier. I had my thyroid tested, testosterone (free and total) and fasting insulin (tested thrice) along with many many other blood tests. They all came back normal.

I'm not overweight (5'4 and 112-115 lbs) and never have been. The last time I had my testosterone tested it was 17 ng/dL. My endo wanted to take me off Diane 35 since all my bloodwork +ultrasound came back fine and he said I didn't need to be on medication at all.

Is it possible the hair loss I continue to face might be hereditary and not pcos related at all? I'm 18 and I've lost close to 50% off my hair. I don't think its vitamin deficiency related either since the diameter of some strands has decreased which seems consistent with androgenic alopecia rather than TE.

Sorry if the formatting is weird I'm new to this

I'm a little confused about this so anyone willing to help me understand this would be greatly appreciated.From my understanding hair loss due to hormonal imbalance (elevated testosterone etc) is termed as androgenetic alopecia and so is hereditary hair loss.I was diagnosed with female pattern hair loss in October and pcos a year earlier. I had my thyroid tested, testosterone (free and total) and fasting insulin (tested thrice) along with many many other blood tests. They all came back normal.I'm not overweight (5'4 and 112-115 lbs) and never have been. The last time I had my testosterone tested it was 17 ng/dL. My endo wanted to take me off Diane 35 since all my bloodwork +ultrasound came back fine and he said I didn't need to be on medication at all.Is it possible the hair loss I continue to face might be hereditary and not pcos related at all? I'm 18 and I've lost close to 50% off my hair. I don't think its vitamin deficiency related either since the diameter of some strands has decreased which seems consistent with androgenic alopecia rather than TE.Sorry if the formatting is weird I'm new to this https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/2TI4efH

Comments