Gastric Sleeve, PCOS and Disordered eating

Sorry it's long!

I am hoping to gain some perspective from people in alike situations. I have PCOS and as such have health related issues because of it (weight gain, hormonal imbalance, recently diagnosed with diabetes etc) I have also had issues with disordered eating in the last decade or so. I find myself going through stages of heavy binging and gaining 30-50kg in a year or obsessively exercising and culling calories to 400-500 and consequently loosing massive amounts of weight quickly. I've been sizes 10-26AU in the last 4 years for example. I am currently around my heaviest. Consequently this along with my PCOS has impacted my liver, resulted in type 2 diabetes and left me feeling chronically fatigued.

I have recently started visiting a great doctor, who has suggested two routes of treatment.

  1. Lifestyle change with the help of a Food Phycologist to aid my disordered eating OR
  2. Gastric Bypass. She agrees this seems extreme but she's worried my back and forth weight loss with do more damage to my health and thinks that I need something that will force me to keep on track.

The idea of surgery scares me, but also the thought of continuing the yo-yo-ing seems exhausting and I'm worried I'll just keep going back and forth from sick and obese to thin, sickly and utterly obsessed with food.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation or has dealt with disordered eating AND WLS?

Thank you

Sorry it's long!I am hoping to gain some perspective from people in alike situations. I have PCOS and as such have health related issues because of it (weight gain, hormonal imbalance, recently diagnosed with diabetes etc) I have also had issues with disordered eating in the last decade or so. I find myself going through stages of heavy binging and gaining 30-50kg in a year or obsessively exercising and culling calories to 400-500 and consequently loosing massive amounts of weight quickly. I've been sizes 10-26AU in the last 4 years for example. I am currently around my heaviest. Consequently this along with my PCOS has impacted my liver, resulted in type 2 diabetes and left me feeling chronically fatigued.I have recently started visiting a great doctor, who has suggested two routes of treatment.Lifestyle change with the help of a Food Phycologist to aid my disordered eating ORGastric Bypass. She agrees this seems extreme but she's worried my back and forth weight loss with do more damage to my health and thinks that I need something that will force me to keep on track.The idea of surgery scares me, but also the thought of continuing the yo-yo-ing seems exhausting and I'm worried I'll just keep going back and forth from sick and obese to thin, sickly and utterly obsessed with food.Has anyone else been in a similar situation or has dealt with disordered eating AND WLS?Thank you https://ift.tt/eA8V8J http://bit.ly/2YYvp8O

Comments