How many of you have natural (pre-T) body features that are more male than female? Could it be a mild form of intersex?
I keep wondering if there is a prevalence of natural-born masculine features ("butch" appearance) in trans guys. I wasn't born intersex (that I know of, but oddly, the doctors wouldn't let my mom see me for 3 days! - 1969 was the dark ages of "modern" childbirth), but I keep wondering if the body type I was born with (tall, strong square build, wide shoulders, no hips, big feet and hands, and a strong, rather more masculine face, and a natural tendency to bulk up with any kind of fitness) is some kind of mild form of intersex condition.
No, I didn't have PCOS, I had my testosterone checked multiple times because I didn't understand why my body seemed more male than female, and was terribly insecure about my gender identity (now I know why, LOL).
Does anyone know if there has been a study of trans guys, of how many have natural masculine features compared to cis women, to see if there is a pattern, perhaps hormonal influence in utero? I know the current medical thinking is that most transgender conditions are the result of hormonal imbalances during early pregnancy (too much testosterone for an XX fetus, not enough testosterone for an XY fetus), and I wonder if it translates to body patterns too.
Comments
Post a Comment