Set up a visit with first GYN/OB, and I have questions

Hi all!

24F here. Recently diagnosed with a touch of PCOS and genetic hypothyroidism and Hashimoto’s disease.

As of July 23rd, I am seeing my first GYN/OB doctor. She comes highly recommended from a friend of mine whose experiencing what I have for the last few years, in terms of hormonal imbalances, amenorrhea and hirsutism.

My mother suggested that I also look into an Endocrine doctor as well...which as me wonder: Do I need one? Is there any difference between what an GYN/OB does and an Endocrine?

I also am in need of insight as to what this GYN/OB will do to help me, in regards to tests and whatnot. Should I be the one who asks for a hormonal panel to be ordered, or wait and see if she will herself, being I’m a new patient? Can she prescribe me BC and medication such as Spirolactone, Metformin, etc?

I know for a fact she’s going to sign off on an intravaginal pelvic ultrasound. Considering the fail of an external one, per my “endocrine” doctors request, I had done a month ago which showed nothing was wrong🙄 I’m pleased about this. (I put “endocrine” in quotes because she only specializes in adolescent medicine - I’ve been seeing her since I was 16. Hence, she probably has no clue how to help an adult female as myself, and why I’m moving on) She even has refused to run a full hormonal test, leaving me in the dark about a few androgen levels that haven’t been tested in a long while, like 2006 - not kidding. I know because I have access to my test results on the hospitals patient portal.

Anyway...

My symptoms: - Weight gain (I have been trying IF for the last month...so far it’s okay...not 100% helpful though...) - Hirsutism (I HATE this so much) - Fatigue - Sleeping problems - Painful cluster headaches and frequent migraines - French Fry friendly oily skin and hair lol 😂 - Existing mental health issues have become horrible - Pelvic pain - Insulin resistant - Hormonal breakouts - Low thyroid levels - High testosterone

Thank you in advance for your help ❤️

Hi all!24F here. Recently diagnosed with a touch of PCOS and genetic hypothyroidism and Hashimoto’s disease.As of July 23rd, I am seeing my first GYN/OB doctor. She comes highly recommended from a friend of mine whose experiencing what I have for the last few years, in terms of hormonal imbalances, amenorrhea and hirsutism.My mother suggested that I also look into an Endocrine doctor as well...which as me wonder: Do I need one? Is there any difference between what an GYN/OB does and an Endocrine?I also am in need of insight as to what this GYN/OB will do to help me, in regards to tests and whatnot. Should I be the one who asks for a hormonal panel to be ordered, or wait and see if she will herself, being I’m a new patient? Can she prescribe me BC and medication such as Spirolactone, Metformin, etc?I know for a fact she’s going to sign off on an intravaginal pelvic ultrasound. Considering the fail of an external one, per my “endocrine” doctors request, I had done a month ago which showed nothing was wrong🙄 I’m pleased about this. (I put “endocrine” in quotes because she only specializes in adolescent medicine - I’ve been seeing her since I was 16. Hence, she probably has no clue how to help an adult female as myself, and why I’m moving on) She even has refused to run a full hormonal test, leaving me in the dark about a few androgen levels that haven’t been tested in a long while, like 2006 - not kidding. I know because I have access to my test results on the hospitals patient portal.Anyway...My symptoms: - Weight gain (I have been trying IF for the last month...so far it’s okay...not 100% helpful though...) - Hirsutism (I HATE this so much) - Fatigue - Sleeping problems - Painful cluster headaches and frequent migraines - French Fry friendly oily skin and hair lol 😂 - Existing mental health issues have become horrible - Pelvic pain - Insulin resistant - Hormonal breakouts - Low thyroid levels - High testosteroneThank you in advance for your help ❤️ https://ift.tt/eA8V8J http://bit.ly/2HGFwcy

Comments