I am fed up with my hormonal acne!

Hi everyone, I am so fed up! Every time I feel like my skin is finally okay, it fires back with multiple new huge, red, painful spots! Honestly I am 23 now but my skin is just as bad as it was when I was 13. I have PCOS (hormonal imbalance) and am on the pill but it doesn't seem to help much, but I've been taking it so long I don't know how bad my acne would be without it.

I keep trying to find a good skincare routine but nothing works that well, and as a result I don't stick with it very long and never see the full results. I used to use the Body Shop tea tree products - face wash, toner, moisturiser - my acne then wasn't too bad but they also dry my skin out :( I have also tried oil cleansing at night (grapeseed oil) but I didn't like how I still felt oily even the morning after. Also, it was impractical since the oil bottle would leak if I had to pack it for staying overnight somewhere.

This is my current routine -

AM:
Lacura Healthy Glow rose toner (Pixi dupe)

Amie Morning Dew mattifying moisturiser

Body Shop Seaweed oil control lotion SPF15 or Eau Thermale Avene Cleanance mattifying SPF 30

PM:

Amie Morning Clear purifying face wash

Lacura Healthy Glow glycolic acid toner, or rose toner (if my skin is feeling sensitive)

Body Shop Tea Tree night lotion

On spots:

Body Shop tea tree oil

Superdrug calm skin spot treatment (this doesn't work very well!)

What am I doing wrong?

Specific product recommendations would be great, or just tell me what I should drop/add to my routine! I don't want it to be complicated - this is more than enough products for me.

Hi everyone, I am so fed up! Every time I feel like my skin is finally okay, it fires back with multiple new huge, red, painful spots! Honestly I am 23 now but my skin is just as bad as it was when I was 13. I have PCOS (hormonal imbalance) and am on the pill but it doesn't seem to help much, but I've been taking it so long I don't know how bad my acne would be without it.I keep trying to find a good skincare routine but nothing works that well, and as a result I don't stick with it very long and never see the full results. I used to use the Body Shop tea tree products - face wash, toner, moisturiser - my acne then wasn't too bad but they also dry my skin out :( I have also tried oil cleansing at night (grapeseed oil) but I didn't like how I still felt oily even the morning after. Also, it was impractical since the oil bottle would leak if I had to pack it for staying overnight somewhere.​This is my current routine -AM:Lacura Healthy Glow rose toner (Pixi dupe)Amie Morning Dew mattifying moisturiserBody Shop Seaweed oil control lotion SPF15 or Eau Thermale Avene Cleanance mattifying SPF 30​PM:Amie Morning Clear purifying face washLacura Healthy Glow glycolic acid toner, or rose toner (if my skin is feeling sensitive)Body Shop Tea Tree night lotion​On spots:Body Shop tea tree oilSuperdrug calm skin spot treatment (this doesn't work very well!)​What am I doing wrong?Specific product recommendations would be great, or just tell me what I should drop/add to my routine! I don't want it to be complicated - this is more than enough products for me. https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/2Ni5Rmp

Comments