I do appreciate the guy. He has raised me as a widowed parent since I was 16, and I give him props for that. However, he uses his money as a way to control me, my sister, and even our mom when she was alive. My mom filed for a divorce and 3 months later, learned she had terminal cancer. She passed away almost 10yrs ago.
I am now battling my own health issues and have two benign tumors which have caused major hormonal imbalances. I’m also a medical student and work in a hospital. My dad insists on going to every appointment just so he can talk over me and tell my doctor what he thinks he knows. He’s told my doctors that I don’t eat, which is interesting because he never sees me. I work 10 hour days. I eat breakfast at home, pack a couple meals for work, and then I eat dinner when I’m off. I snack in between. My dad thinks I have lost weight because I don’t eat. I’ve lost weight due to my thyroid levels being thrown off after having an adrenalectomy. My friends have even laughed and told him I eat like a pig.
Let’s talk about my dad for a second. He has self image issues and he has always been 5’8” 128lbs. He’s underweight and eats like a bird. I’ve struggled up and down with my weight due to my hormonal issues. My dad will find any opportunity to nitpick me about diet when my diet is perfectly fine—but he does this so he can forget about his own self image issues. When my mom gained weight, he made her feel bad every time she’d eat in front of him. He called her a cow and made her cry numerous times. He laughs at obese people in public and tells me that people like that are a waste of space.
I told him today that I would like to go alone to my appointments. He refuses. He says,”I’m the one who pays for your medical bills!” Yeah—because he opens my mail without my permission and pays for it so he can use it against me. It’d be different if he had good intentions behind helping me financially but he doesn’t. I told him I appreciated it but to stop doing that. I try to grab my bills as soon as they come in the mail but since he’s home and I never am, he usually beats me to it. He got upset at the idea of him not paying for my shit because he knows if I’m financially in control, he won’t have any control at all anymore and it drives him crazy.
He’s had many failed relationships with women since my mom died and I’ve seen the way he always needs to have control over something to make him feel better about himself. It’s sad. But it’s also ruining our relationship, especially since I’ve moved back home recently due to my health problems. He is having a bitch fit over the fact that I want to pay ALL of my own bills because he knows he’ll have nothing to hang above me anymore.
I do appreciate the guy. He has raised me as a widowed parent since I was 16, and I give him props for that. However, he uses his money as a way to control me, my sister, and even our mom when she was alive. My mom filed for a divorce and 3 months later, learned she had terminal cancer. She passed away almost 10yrs ago.I am now battling my own health issues and have two benign tumors which have caused major hormonal imbalances. I’m also a medical student and work in a hospital. My dad insists on going to every appointment just so he can talk over me and tell my doctor what he thinks he knows. He’s told my doctors that I don’t eat, which is interesting because he never sees me. I work 10 hour days. I eat breakfast at home, pack a couple meals for work, and then I eat dinner when I’m off. I snack in between. My dad thinks I have lost weight because I don’t eat. I’ve lost weight due to my thyroid levels being thrown off after having an adrenalectomy. My friends have even laughed and told him I eat like a pig.Let’s talk about my dad for a second. He has self image issues and he has always been 5’8” 128lbs. He’s underweight and eats like a bird. I’ve struggled up and down with my weight due to my hormonal issues. My dad will find any opportunity to nitpick me about diet when my diet is perfectly fine—but he does this so he can forget about his own self image issues. When my mom gained weight, he made her feel bad every time she’d eat in front of him. He called her a cow and made her cry numerous times. He laughs at obese people in public and tells me that people like that are a waste of space.I told him today that I would like to go alone to my appointments. He refuses. He says,”I’m the one who pays for your medical bills!” Yeah—because he opens my mail without my permission and pays for it so he can use it against me. It’d be different if he had good intentions behind helping me financially but he doesn’t. I told him I appreciated it but to stop doing that. I try to grab my bills as soon as they come in the mail but since he’s home and I never am, he usually beats me to it. He got upset at the idea of him not paying for my shit because he knows if I’m financially in control, he won’t have any control at all anymore and it drives him crazy.He’s had many failed relationships with women since my mom died and I’ve seen the way he always needs to have control over something to make him feel better about himself. It’s sad. But it’s also ruining our relationship, especially since I’ve moved back home recently due to my health problems. He is having a bitch fit over the fact that I want to pay ALL of my own bills because he knows he’ll have nothing to hang above me anymore. https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/2ZMzmxQ
Comments
Post a Comment