Anxiety and Hormone Imbalances

Hello wonderful people! I just wanted to share some information that I recently learned, it hopes that it will help someone! Over the past two years, I have been incredibly stressed, riddled with immense amounts of anxiety, and have had a lack of energy. I've always had anxiety, which focused more towards social anxiety. However the last two years it had gotten incredibly worse. I'm always tired, super anxious, and have had absolutely no control over stress. Well I changed over to a new doctor two months ago, and she suggested doing a hormone panel. I've always had thyroid panels, and thought they were the same thing. But nope! I learned that my progesterone was EXTREMELY LOW (like a level 0.5 when a typical level is 18) and I realized that stress and progesterone really combat each other. High amounts of stress can cause low amounts of Progesterone, and low amounts of Progesterone can cause high amounts of stress. Which correlates with your cortisol levels. Since being treated with Progesterone therapy, I'm happy to say that a lot of my low energy and stress levels have gotten so much better! I'm not saying that it's the case for everyone, but it never hurts to have your hormones checked, for both genders! Please look up the symptoms for low/high progesterone, estrogen, and testosterone! I had low progesterone personally, and looking back at the symptoms I fit into almost every category!

TL;DR Low/high amounts of hormones can cause/be caused by stress.

Hello wonderful people! I just wanted to share some information that I recently learned, it hopes that it will help someone! Over the past two years, I have been incredibly stressed, riddled with immense amounts of anxiety, and have had a lack of energy. I've always had anxiety, which focused more towards social anxiety. However the last two years it had gotten incredibly worse. I'm always tired, super anxious, and have had absolutely no control over stress. Well I changed over to a new doctor two months ago, and she suggested doing a hormone panel. I've always had thyroid panels, and thought they were the same thing. But nope! I learned that my progesterone was EXTREMELY LOW (like a level 0.5 when a typical level is 18) and I realized that stress and progesterone really combat each other. High amounts of stress can cause low amounts of Progesterone, and low amounts of Progesterone can cause high amounts of stress. Which correlates with your cortisol levels. Since being treated with Progesterone therapy, I'm happy to say that a lot of my low energy and stress levels have gotten so much better! I'm not saying that it's the case for everyone, but it never hurts to have your hormones checked, for both genders! Please look up the symptoms for low/high progesterone, estrogen, and testosterone! I had low progesterone personally, and looking back at the symptoms I fit into almost every category!TL;DR Low/high amounts of hormones can cause/be caused by stress. https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/2MPvRDh

Comments