I came out to my parents and now I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

So a little while back I decided to come out to my mother. It went kind of meh, I'll be honest. She seemed really apprehensive, which is what I expected so it only bummed me out a little, but other than that she didn't immediately disown me, so I am luckier than some people I suppose. I was only planning on coming out to her on that day, but the day before that I said that I wanted to talk to her about something, so when we came home he wanted to know what we were talking about. Since he assumed it was something embarrassing he eased into it pretty well, which is pretty unusual for him. After a long talk, I reached the point where I had to tell him that I want to be a girl and had feelings of discomfort with my body. Lucky for me, he didn't get upset, and suggested that we get my hormones checked. So now I have an appointment on the 12th next month to get my hormones checked out. This is where it gets dicey. Based on what he said during our talk, if I have a hormone imbalance he's probably going to want me to take testosterone, or whatever it is they would use to get my hormones balanced back to male levels. If this happens, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. If I tell him that I'd rather transition to female, he's probably not going to have that. It's probable that I'm going to get kicked out of the house and be cut off from communication thanks to our religion. And I am 18, but all I really have is my ID, I don't even have a high school level education or a drivers license (It's really embarrassing, I know.) It's entirely possible that I get checked out and I don't have a hormone imbalance at all, but then there's still the issue of what I told them before. Best case scenario is they let me talk it over with a therapist, but Mom seemed weary to let that happen because she thinks they could be biased. My future seems really uncertain right now. Since about 3 or 4 months ago I've barely gone an hour without thinking about this trans stuff and I just wish I was in a position to be out on my own safely. It feels like I shouldn't have come out when I did, but keeping it inside was killing me. Hopefully everything will work out, but facing my dad is something I try to avoid for a reason. Well, that's pretty much the end of my rant. I don't really know what to say at the end, so thanks for reading I guess.

So a little while back I decided to come out to my mother. It went kind of meh, I'll be honest. She seemed really apprehensive, which is what I expected so it only bummed me out a little, but other than that she didn't immediately disown me, so I am luckier than some people I suppose. I was only planning on coming out to her on that day, but the day before that I said that I wanted to talk to her about something, so when we came home he wanted to know what we were talking about. Since he assumed it was something embarrassing he eased into it pretty well, which is pretty unusual for him. After a long talk, I reached the point where I had to tell him that I want to be a girl and had feelings of discomfort with my body. Lucky for me, he didn't get upset, and suggested that we get my hormones checked. So now I have an appointment on the 12th next month to get my hormones checked out. This is where it gets dicey. Based on what he said during our talk, if I have a hormone imbalance he's probably going to want me to take testosterone, or whatever it is they would use to get my hormones balanced back to male levels. If this happens, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. If I tell him that I'd rather transition to female, he's probably not going to have that. It's probable that I'm going to get kicked out of the house and be cut off from communication thanks to our religion. And I am 18, but all I really have is my ID, I don't even have a high school level education or a drivers license (It's really embarrassing, I know.) It's entirely possible that I get checked out and I don't have a hormone imbalance at all, but then there's still the issue of what I told them before. Best case scenario is they let me talk it over with a therapist, but Mom seemed weary to let that happen because she thinks they could be biased. My future seems really uncertain right now. Since about 3 or 4 months ago I've barely gone an hour without thinking about this trans stuff and I just wish I was in a position to be out on my own safely. It feels like I shouldn't have come out when I did, but keeping it inside was killing me. Hopefully everything will work out, but facing my dad is something I try to avoid for a reason. Well, that's pretty much the end of my rant. I don't really know what to say at the end, so thanks for reading I guess. https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/2WgvyEE

Comments