Lack of sex drive or mental block?

Hi guys, Sorry this might be utterly the wrong sub for this plus I'm new to Reddit so maybe Im in the wrong place entirely 😅.

So I'm 25, female and I'm a virgin. I was raised in a very religious environment with parents that instilled a general message that sex and anything sexual is a dirty sin and not something to be talked about etc. So I never really gave it any thought even throughout my teen years and early when I started having crushes, I never thought of them in a sexual way or even experienced an attraction to their bodies, if that makes sense?

In the last year after doing quite a bit of work to try and get rid of my parents influences, I've stated to notice guys bodies more but the thought of sex is still really off-putting to me and creates a lot of guilty feelings etc.

I've been in the situation where I could have sex a couple of times but Iv never had to consider it, it's always been a no on my behalf. I'm starting to worry it's a hormone imbalance thing or I'll be like this forever. (However I'm thinking maybe when/if I'm in a relationship with someone I might be more interested?)

Anyway, has anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance

Hi guys, Sorry this might be utterly the wrong sub for this plus I'm new to Reddit so maybe Im in the wrong place entirely 😅.So I'm 25, female and I'm a virgin. I was raised in a very religious environment with parents that instilled a general message that sex and anything sexual is a dirty sin and not something to be talked about etc. So I never really gave it any thought even throughout my teen years and early when I started having crushes, I never thought of them in a sexual way or even experienced an attraction to their bodies, if that makes sense?In the last year after doing quite a bit of work to try and get rid of my parents influences, I've stated to notice guys bodies more but the thought of sex is still really off-putting to me and creates a lot of guilty feelings etc.I've been in the situation where I could have sex a couple of times but Iv never had to consider it, it's always been a no on my behalf. I'm starting to worry it's a hormone imbalance thing or I'll be like this forever. (However I'm thinking maybe when/if I'm in a relationship with someone I might be more interested?)Anyway, has anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/2Nl8D79

Comments