Not sure where to start

Hi there, this is my first time posting in any sort of self help forum and definitely the first time that I'm speaking publicly about my LL.

First a little background. 35F, historically a HL until about 4 years ago and it started to decline sharply. Went on antidepressants and anti anxiety meds, also had IUD implanted. Been in a relationship for the past 6 1/2 years, while things aren't perfect, I can't imagine being with anyone else. I stopped taking the meds because I really felt worse on them and wanted to drink heavily all the time, that was 2 years ago. My general attitude about life in general is back to normal but my libido is still nowhere to be found.

I've gone to my doctor and requested blood work, had the IUD removed, had a uterine ultrasound done to check for abnormalities and everything is coming back as 'within normal limits'. I feel like there is something wrong and my doctor just doesn't give a shit. I'm going to try to find another doctor that will listen to my concerns and work with me.

I guess this is a little bit rant and a little bit asking for advice. I don't know what my next steps should be other than find another doctor that cares? I tried asking for more specific blood tests to help narrow things down and gather more information but because my previous results were 'within normal range' they wouldn't order them. Has anyone else been in the same place? I have thought that maybe it's perimenopause or hormone imbalance or a host of other things but it's become really overwhelming to fight the doctor over getting basic questions answered.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to reading your responses.

Hi there, this is my first time posting in any sort of self help forum and definitely the first time that I'm speaking publicly about my LL.First a little background. 35F, historically a HL until about 4 years ago and it started to decline sharply. Went on antidepressants and anti anxiety meds, also had IUD implanted. Been in a relationship for the past 6 1/2 years, while things aren't perfect, I can't imagine being with anyone else. I stopped taking the meds because I really felt worse on them and wanted to drink heavily all the time, that was 2 years ago. My general attitude about life in general is back to normal but my libido is still nowhere to be found.I've gone to my doctor and requested blood work, had the IUD removed, had a uterine ultrasound done to check for abnormalities and everything is coming back as 'within normal limits'. I feel like there is something wrong and my doctor just doesn't give a shit. I'm going to try to find another doctor that will listen to my concerns and work with me.I guess this is a little bit rant and a little bit asking for advice. I don't know what my next steps should be other than find another doctor that cares? I tried asking for more specific blood tests to help narrow things down and gather more information but because my previous results were 'within normal range' they wouldn't order them. Has anyone else been in the same place? I have thought that maybe it's perimenopause or hormone imbalance or a host of other things but it's become really overwhelming to fight the doctor over getting basic questions answered.Thanks for reading and I look forward to reading your responses. https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/2MRXQSJ

Comments