It feels like my 10 year relationship is reaching a breaking point. Long post ahead.

My partner (30M) and I (28F) have been together for almost 10 years. We've had the usual ups and downs, and some more serious issues in the first few years of the relationship which involved him cheating a few times. We got past this, but the last few years I've been in a bad way in terms of depression and anxiety, and a hormonal imbalance which combined with my anti-depressants basically makes my libido non existent and makes me lethargic all the time.

We own a house together, my partner doesn't do any of the day to day household chores but he does do the mowing/general lawn care. We both work full time, but he does do maybe 8 more hours than me per week, and often makes comments about my job not being as hard as his and tells me that I'm silly for feeling stressed and that he doesn't understand it. We argue a lot about the housework because I feel really unappreciated and like I'm his maid instead of his girlfriend.

When I make suggestions to go out and do activities together like going for a hike etc he shuts me down, and I have no friends or family in the town we live in to spend time with instead.

When we do argue, he belittles me and calls me names, and he never admits to any faults or wrongdoing so I always end up being the one who apologises. Tonight, he put his hand close to my face when telling me to shut up, and I swatted it away, which led to him grabbing my wrist/forearm really tightly with his hands.

I'm feeling really unsure about the future of the relationship, part of me wants to leave but I'm scared to do that and have really poor self esteem to start over. I'm not really too sure what answers I'm searching for by posting here, maybe just some advice on how to approach him about these issues without it turning into another fight?

Thanks.

My partner (30M) and I (28F) have been together for almost 10 years. We've had the usual ups and downs, and some more serious issues in the first few years of the relationship which involved him cheating a few times. We got past this, but the last few years I've been in a bad way in terms of depression and anxiety, and a hormonal imbalance which combined with my anti-depressants basically makes my libido non existent and makes me lethargic all the time.We own a house together, my partner doesn't do any of the day to day household chores but he does do the mowing/general lawn care. We both work full time, but he does do maybe 8 more hours than me per week, and often makes comments about my job not being as hard as his and tells me that I'm silly for feeling stressed and that he doesn't understand it. We argue a lot about the housework because I feel really unappreciated and like I'm his maid instead of his girlfriend.When I make suggestions to go out and do activities together like going for a hike etc he shuts me down, and I have no friends or family in the town we live in to spend time with instead.When we do argue, he belittles me and calls me names, and he never admits to any faults or wrongdoing so I always end up being the one who apologises. Tonight, he put his hand close to my face when telling me to shut up, and I swatted it away, which led to him grabbing my wrist/forearm really tightly with his hands.I'm feeling really unsure about the future of the relationship, part of me wants to leave but I'm scared to do that and have really poor self esteem to start over. I'm not really too sure what answers I'm searching for by posting here, maybe just some advice on how to approach him about these issues without it turning into another fight?Thanks. https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/2tbliD5

Comments