Purging on each new tube of tretinoin?

Hi all. I'm currently using Retin A cream at 0.05% to treat hormonal cystic acne as a result of coming off the contraceptive pill. I started around September time.

I use 20g tubes of tretinoin and so each tube lasts a good few months. I've started a new tube and now I'm having new breakouts, not of cystic acne, more closed comedones appearing under the skin and then working their way to the surface.

Is the product becoming less effective over time as the tube has been opened months prior and I'm purging on the newly opened product as its more effective? Or is it common to go through cycles of purging with tretinoin in general?

I didn't have any skin issues prior to being on the pill or during taking the pill.

I'm 11months off the contraceptive pill (May) and the acne hit around July. Is it normal to suffer from hormonal imbalance this long after coming off the contraceptive pill?

Hi all. I'm currently using Retin A cream at 0.05% to treat hormonal cystic acne as a result of coming off the contraceptive pill. I started around September time.I use 20g tubes of tretinoin and so each tube lasts a good few months. I've started a new tube and now I'm having new breakouts, not of cystic acne, more closed comedones appearing under the skin and then working their way to the surface.Is the product becoming less effective over time as the tube has been opened months prior and I'm purging on the newly opened product as its more effective? Or is it common to go through cycles of purging with tretinoin in general?I didn't have any skin issues prior to being on the pill or during taking the pill.I'm 11months off the contraceptive pill (May) and the acne hit around July. Is it normal to suffer from hormonal imbalance this long after coming off the contraceptive pill? https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/35ghVKf

Comments