My friend [27F] is having excessive vaginal discharge after her period ends

(Posting for her since she doesn’t have a reddit account, am on mobile)

My roommate is nonsmoker and drinks fairly rarely. She is slightly anemic so she’s taking iron supplements everyday.

Her normal period lasts for more than a week and she bleeds quite a lot more than normal. She experiences extreme pain some periods that cause her to become immobile (we were googling and could be endometriosis? But we don’t know for sure.) She was supposed to go to the gynecologist before this whole COVID thing happened. Her last gyne check up was last year August and the doctor said that everything was normal.

Anyway, sometimes during her cycle, she has excessive discharge and I say excessive since it leaks through the bed sheets, and it’s accompanied by clumpy blood a day after it starts. She just had her period 2 weeks ago so it’s like a second period mid-cycle. This happened quite a few times in the past. I don’t know if it could be related but she noticed that this happens whenever she drinks iron supplements accompanied by other vitamins.

I just want to know if we should rush through the gynecologist immediately, or is it normal and could be caused by stress/ hormonal imbalance.

Please do let me know if I need to provide additional information.

(Sorry for the messy storytelling. Obligatory English is not my first language)

(Posting for her since she doesn’t have a reddit account, am on mobile)My roommate is nonsmoker and drinks fairly rarely. She is slightly anemic so she’s taking iron supplements everyday.Her normal period lasts for more than a week and she bleeds quite a lot more than normal. She experiences extreme pain some periods that cause her to become immobile (we were googling and could be endometriosis? But we don’t know for sure.) She was supposed to go to the gynecologist before this whole COVID thing happened. Her last gyne check up was last year August and the doctor said that everything was normal.Anyway, sometimes during her cycle, she has excessive discharge and I say excessive since it leaks through the bed sheets, and it’s accompanied by clumpy blood a day after it starts. She just had her period 2 weeks ago so it’s like a second period mid-cycle. This happened quite a few times in the past. I don’t know if it could be related but she noticed that this happens whenever she drinks iron supplements accompanied by other vitamins.I just want to know if we should rush through the gynecologist immediately, or is it normal and could be caused by stress/ hormonal imbalance.Please do let me know if I need to provide additional information.(Sorry for the messy storytelling. Obligatory English is not my first language) https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/3cpgYB4

Comments