i need advice :,)

hello, for a while now i’ve been trying to figure out what was wrong with me. I genuinely believed i had a hormonal imbalance or something that caused me to not want to be in a relationship or have sex with anyone for as long as i lived until i found out about... this (?)

i’m kind of scared honestly i didn’t know other people felt this way too and i didn’t know it was valid either ?

anyways, all my life i’ve never developed romantic feelings for anyone. whenever i had a close friend i would always crush on them in a platonic way and i would think it was a genuine crush but i could never imagine myself doing romantic or sexual things with them.

i think i just liked the feeling of being loved and cared for by my friends so much because i don’t really receive any other attention like that at home or from anyone else. so i valued their attention and validation and i think i mistook those feelings to be a “crush”... if that makes sense ? because everyone around me would talk about crushes and i thought what i was feeling was a crush but NO i just loved my friends lol.

but i never ever had a genuine crush, is what i’m trying to point out.

also, i don’t really like sex ? i’ve had sex before but it never was because i genuinely was horny but instead i did it because i just wanted to make someone happy and i liked feeling wanted... i felt as if they wouldn’t want to be in my life anymore if i didn’t give them sex (i was right lol) BUT ANYWAYS...

idk i feel like something is wrong with me. i see people talk about true love and their lovey dovey relationships and it seems so wonderful but i can’t imagine myself being in their place.

idk anyone else who feels this way and i tried to talk about it to a friend but she said i just needed to find “the right one” to change my perspective but it’s been a while... i’m almost 19, i have friends who moved in with their s/o’s and are already having kids... i feel like i’m running out of time to find the right one. i feel like the right one doesn’t even exist. i’ve had so many people try to be in a relationship with me and i tried giving people a chance in hopes that i would develop feelings for them but it never happened. instead i grew repulsed by them. i hated them touching me or flirting with me, i would grow annoyed honestly and then they’d get mad at me and it was this ongoing cycle.

i like the idea of being in a relationship but i just can’t be in one no matter how much i try. i can never reciprocate those feelings that other people have for me.

also i’m comfortable with not being a relationship, i’m just scared because there’s a lot of pressure in my life from family and friends that are encouraging me to be in a relationship because that’s what’s expected of me and everyone else... but i don’t want it sksjks.

i’d rather just have a bestfriend than have a s/o yk? ehhh

could i possibly be aromantic? idk. how did you find out you were aromantic? ...actually that’s a stupid question, uh, how did you come to terms with yourself?

uh also thanks for reading this mess :,)

hello, for a while now i’ve been trying to figure out what was wrong with me. I genuinely believed i had a hormonal imbalance or something that caused me to not want to be in a relationship or have sex with anyone for as long as i lived until i found out about... this (?)i’m kind of scared honestly i didn’t know other people felt this way too and i didn’t know it was valid either ?anyways, all my life i’ve never developed romantic feelings for anyone. whenever i had a close friend i would always crush on them in a platonic way and i would think it was a genuine crush but i could never imagine myself doing romantic or sexual things with them.i think i just liked the feeling of being loved and cared for by my friends so much because i don’t really receive any other attention like that at home or from anyone else. so i valued their attention and validation and i think i mistook those feelings to be a “crush”... if that makes sense ? because everyone around me would talk about crushes and i thought what i was feeling was a crush but NO i just loved my friends lol.but i never ever had a genuine crush, is what i’m trying to point out.also, i don’t really like sex ? i’ve had sex before but it never was because i genuinely was horny but instead i did it because i just wanted to make someone happy and i liked feeling wanted... i felt as if they wouldn’t want to be in my life anymore if i didn’t give them sex (i was right lol) BUT ANYWAYS...idk i feel like something is wrong with me. i see people talk about true love and their lovey dovey relationships and it seems so wonderful but i can’t imagine myself being in their place.idk anyone else who feels this way and i tried to talk about it to a friend but she said i just needed to find “the right one” to change my perspective but it’s been a while... i’m almost 19, i have friends who moved in with their s/o’s and are already having kids... i feel like i’m running out of time to find the right one. i feel like the right one doesn’t even exist. i’ve had so many people try to be in a relationship with me and i tried giving people a chance in hopes that i would develop feelings for them but it never happened. instead i grew repulsed by them. i hated them touching me or flirting with me, i would grow annoyed honestly and then they’d get mad at me and it was this ongoing cycle.i like the idea of being in a relationship but i just can’t be in one no matter how much i try. i can never reciprocate those feelings that other people have for me.also i’m comfortable with not being a relationship, i’m just scared because there’s a lot of pressure in my life from family and friends that are encouraging me to be in a relationship because that’s what’s expected of me and everyone else... but i don’t want it sksjks.i’d rather just have a bestfriend than have a s/o yk? ehhhcould i possibly be aromantic? idk. how did you find out you were aromantic? ...actually that’s a stupid question, uh, how did you come to terms with yourself?uh also thanks for reading this mess :,) https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/3hK4Eib

Comments