Does an ablation stop all period symptoms or just the bleeding?

I'm thinking about asking my gyno about getting an ablation to stop my periods and sterilize me. However I want to know from people who've gotten an ablation, does it stop periods entirely or just the bleeding?

To be more specific, will I still get monthly hormone imbalances that make me depressed? Will I still experience incredibly painful cramps, just without the blood?

Also, how bad does getting an ablation hurt? I looked up how it's done and it seems pretty horrifying but I still want to consider it.

I'm thinking about asking my gyno about getting an ablation to stop my periods and sterilize me. However I want to know from people who've gotten an ablation, does it stop periods entirely or just the bleeding?To be more specific, will I still get monthly hormone imbalances that make me depressed? Will I still experience incredibly painful cramps, just without the blood?Also, how bad does getting an ablation hurt? I looked up how it's done and it seems pretty horrifying but I still want to consider it. https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/2Jufexx

Comments