Vitamin D and estrogen affect on sexual health? (Nsfw)

So i was just doing some research lately because I've been experiencing really bad horman acne recently. Usually it would come around my period and then go away, but for the past month it's just been going and going.

So from my research it seems hormonal acne comes from a drop in estrogen while testosterone levels stay the same. Makes decent sense. So i looked into symptoms of low estrogen, acne was not one of them, but i know thats related to my period which is related to this stuff as well. Other symptoms included low libido, vaginal itching, painful sex and painful urination (or frequent uti) and these are things ive been experiencing as well.

But then i thought, these things have only been really happening since quarantine started.

I stayed in cali last summer with my bf, at first we started going out a lot, these symptoms were not happening. But then all the dust storms took away the sun, and we stopped going out as much. Im black so its easier for me to get vitamin D deficiency or at least just low levels. Eventually i got sick (not with corona, it was a breast infection oddly)

So after this time things went real downhill. I was bad at functioning sexually with my bf, we never did it because it always hurt/burned when going in, and this was a very different kind of pain than i usually experience.

I went back home to Chicago in November where i don't ever go out and its always dark due to the winter and it seems things are getting worse. My hormonal acne is so bad recently, I've been very tired lately, and my vagina is usually in a bit of pain.

So i did a little more research and found out that estrogen and vitamin D work together, so i thought... if i have low vitamin D, and my estrogen is probably naturally on the lower side... when it drops during my period maybe it just never gets back to normal levels because of my also lack of vitamin D?

I took a mulit vitamin D for a month in California and i just started taking a multivitamin with it in it a week or two ago and havent noticed any changes.

So i was just wondering if there was this sort of relationship between the two, or if is was just a coincidence.

Side question: i havent been diagnosed with low estrogen, i just assume based on my symptoms. I dont really have much stress, no symptoms of thyroid issues, no symptoms of an androgen imbalance due to when my symptoms have appeared in the past, so i figure its my estrogen.

My question is could i take some supplements that are supposed to help estrogen? Or should i contact a doctor first and be 100% sure my issue is estrogen related before trying to fix it with supplements? Im against birth control so i dont want to go into that. (Im 21 btw, will be 22 this year)

So i was just doing some research lately because I've been experiencing really bad horman acne recently. Usually it would come around my period and then go away, but for the past month it's just been going and going.So from my research it seems hormonal acne comes from a drop in estrogen while testosterone levels stay the same. Makes decent sense. So i looked into symptoms of low estrogen, acne was not one of them, but i know thats related to my period which is related to this stuff as well. Other symptoms included low libido, vaginal itching, painful sex and painful urination (or frequent uti) and these are things ive been experiencing as well.But then i thought, these things have only been really happening since quarantine started.I stayed in cali last summer with my bf, at first we started going out a lot, these symptoms were not happening. But then all the dust storms took away the sun, and we stopped going out as much. Im black so its easier for me to get vitamin D deficiency or at least just low levels. Eventually i got sick (not with corona, it was a breast infection oddly)So after this time things went real downhill. I was bad at functioning sexually with my bf, we never did it because it always hurt/burned when going in, and this was a very different kind of pain than i usually experience.I went back home to Chicago in November where i don't ever go out and its always dark due to the winter and it seems things are getting worse. My hormonal acne is so bad recently, I've been very tired lately, and my vagina is usually in a bit of pain.So i did a little more research and found out that estrogen and vitamin D work together, so i thought... if i have low vitamin D, and my estrogen is probably naturally on the lower side... when it drops during my period maybe it just never gets back to normal levels because of my also lack of vitamin D?I took a mulit vitamin D for a month in California and i just started taking a multivitamin with it in it a week or two ago and havent noticed any changes.So i was just wondering if there was this sort of relationship between the two, or if is was just a coincidence.Side question: i havent been diagnosed with low estrogen, i just assume based on my symptoms. I dont really have much stress, no symptoms of thyroid issues, no symptoms of an androgen imbalance due to when my symptoms have appeared in the past, so i figure its my estrogen.My question is could i take some supplements that are supposed to help estrogen? Or should i contact a doctor first and be 100% sure my issue is estrogen related before trying to fix it with supplements? Im against birth control so i dont want to go into that. (Im 21 btw, will be 22 this year) https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/3j4f6ms

Comments