Hormones and ADHD?

I’ve always wondered how hormones play a role in our mental health.

Has anyone else noticed their meds are practically ineffective during certain times of their menstrual cycle?

Has anyone else noticed their ADHD became way worse after puberty?

What about if you were pregnant? Any changes then?

Did any of you suffer from severe hormonal acne? I had cystic acne from 11 to 29 and it was only effectively treated with two rounds of accutane.

Did/do any of you have irregular menstrual cycles or have abnormally bad pms? Or maybe have PCOS?

What about thyroid imbalances?

Just curious. I know correlation doesn’t equal causation, but personally, and this is all anecdotal, I feel like my ADHD severity is impacted by my hormones.

I’ve always wondered how hormones play a role in our mental health.Has anyone else noticed their meds are practically ineffective during certain times of their menstrual cycle?Has anyone else noticed their ADHD became way worse after puberty?What about if you were pregnant? Any changes then?Did any of you suffer from severe hormonal acne? I had cystic acne from 11 to 29 and it was only effectively treated with two rounds of accutane.Did/do any of you have irregular menstrual cycles or have abnormally bad pms? Or maybe have PCOS?What about thyroid imbalances?Just curious. I know correlation doesn’t equal causation, but personally, and this is all anecdotal, I feel like my ADHD severity is impacted by my hormones. https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/3ky37hm

Comments