Skin Maxxing with Prescriptions

Hey all! I saw a post on here recently that discussed the benefits of using prescriptions in your looksmaxxing journey.

I want to discuss what has helped me tremendously. Since around the time I started getting my period, I have had acne. I am 21, almost 22, and suffer from acne. A few months ago, I read about a prescription called "spironolactone" to treat hormonal acne.

I started realizing that my acne has a pattern- It gets really bad about a week and a half before my period, and as soon as I start bleeding, the inflammation dies down and my skin start to heal. Then, about a week after I have been finished with my period, my skin starts breaking out again. It was really annoying because before the acne legions on my face would heal, the cycle would just start over again, leaving me with truly awful skin.

I have been using spironolactone 100 g/day for a few months now, and within one cycle, I had already seen a major difference. I no longer get giant cysts along my jaws and cheeks, and the pores around my nose are significantly less clogged so they appear much smaller.

A lot of people like to think that if you just use a certain skin cream or face wash, your skin will get better and you won't have acne. But that is not the case if you have a legitimate hormonal imbalance. The only way to fix acne caused by such a thing is to fix the internal issues that cause it.

Birth control is commonly prescribed to treat hormonal acne, but I found that it had some pretty strong side effects for me personally (not for everyone, of course, it works well for some people). I will not sacrifice my libido for clear skin, LOL. Spiro is much easier on my system and works just as well for acne.

If your acne follows the pattern of listed above, I think it would be really worth it to ask your doctor to start you on spiro!

Hey all! I saw a post on here recently that discussed the benefits of using prescriptions in your looksmaxxing journey.I want to discuss what has helped me tremendously. Since around the time I started getting my period, I have had acne. I am 21, almost 22, and suffer from acne. A few months ago, I read about a prescription called "spironolactone" to treat hormonal acne.I started realizing that my acne has a pattern- It gets really bad about a week and a half before my period, and as soon as I start bleeding, the inflammation dies down and my skin start to heal. Then, about a week after I have been finished with my period, my skin starts breaking out again. It was really annoying because before the acne legions on my face would heal, the cycle would just start over again, leaving me with truly awful skin.I have been using spironolactone 100 g/day for a few months now, and within one cycle, I had already seen a major difference. I no longer get giant cysts along my jaws and cheeks, and the pores around my nose are significantly less clogged so they appear much smaller.A lot of people like to think that if you just use a certain skin cream or face wash, your skin will get better and you won't have acne. But that is not the case if you have a legitimate hormonal imbalance. The only way to fix acne caused by such a thing is to fix the internal issues that cause it.Birth control is commonly prescribed to treat hormonal acne, but I found that it had some pretty strong side effects for me personally (not for everyone, of course, it works well for some people). I will not sacrifice my libido for clear skin, LOL. Spiro is much easier on my system and works just as well for acne.If your acne follows the pattern of listed above, I think it would be really worth it to ask your doctor to start you on spiro! https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/39tpLmY

Comments