Do men care about / consider women’s health on birth control before encouraging their partners to use it?

On the topic of “condom sex vs. no condom sex”, I’ve read from a lot of posts on this subreddit that many guys experience severe loss of sensation when wearing a condom, causing some to even opt for no sex rather when faced with condom sex.

This is a very valid concern, and I understand why this would be frustrating, considering that sex is supposed to be a fun, pleasurable activity for everyone involved. As a woman, I would want to try my best to hear my partner out and figure out a solution that works for both of us if he is not having fun during sex.

That said, something really bothered me when reading these posts (there have been several that cover this topic on Reddit lately). A lot of male commenters who dislike condom sex said they would “highly encourage” their female partners to go on birth control so condoms wouldn’t be necessary.

I have several questions about this mindset. Do guys who “highly encourage” their female partners to go on birth control first have a conversation with her about her comfortability with that decision? Is there any thought given to how this might effect their partner’s health?

If you scroll through the posts on r/birthcontrol, there is a lot of evidence of women experiencing major side effects such as weight gain, hormone imbalance, low libido, and severe acne. Not to mention the risk of blood clots as well.

I bring up this perspective because from the posts I’ve seen about “condom vs. no condom” on r/sex, not many men seem to give a lot of thought toward how birth control might negatively affect their partner. If I were in a relationship, I’d want my male partner to have my best interests in mind, while I would do the same to have his best interests in mind.

Some women find that they love their method of birth control. In that case, that’s great. But I feel like no matter the woman’s stance on birth control, it should always be a discussion that happens between both partners with everyone’s best interests in mind.

On the topic of “condom sex vs. no condom sex”, I’ve read from a lot of posts on this subreddit that many guys experience severe loss of sensation when wearing a condom, causing some to even opt for no sex rather when faced with condom sex.This is a very valid concern, and I understand why this would be frustrating, considering that sex is supposed to be a fun, pleasurable activity for everyone involved. As a woman, I would want to try my best to hear my partner out and figure out a solution that works for both of us if he is not having fun during sex.That said, something really bothered me when reading these posts (there have been several that cover this topic on Reddit lately). A lot of male commenters who dislike condom sex said they would “highly encourage” their female partners to go on birth control so condoms wouldn’t be necessary.I have several questions about this mindset. Do guys who “highly encourage” their female partners to go on birth control first have a conversation with her about her comfortability with that decision? Is there any thought given to how this might effect their partner’s health?If you scroll through the posts on r/birthcontrol, there is a lot of evidence of women experiencing major side effects such as weight gain, hormone imbalance, low libido, and severe acne. Not to mention the risk of blood clots as well.I bring up this perspective because from the posts I’ve seen about “condom vs. no condom” on r/sex, not many men seem to give a lot of thought toward how birth control might negatively affect their partner. If I were in a relationship, I’d want my male partner to have my best interests in mind, while I would do the same to have his best interests in mind.Some women find that they love their method of birth control. In that case, that’s great. But I feel like no matter the woman’s stance on birth control, it should always be a discussion that happens between both partners with everyone’s best interests in mind. https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/3G0aV5d

Comments