Feeling Extremely Defeated and Don’t Know What to Do

I’ve been depressed for the past 2 years. My PCOS only seems to be getting worse, which is making my depression worse.

I had an appointment with my doctor today to see if there was anything she could suggest to treat my hair loss, and if we could do anything to try to get my hormone levels more balanced. I know that I need to lose weight, but with the level of depression I’ve been experiencing it’s hard to find the motivation. I explained this to her as well, and asked if there was anything we could do in the meantime so I could feel a little bit better about some of my PCOS issues.

The doctor told me that losing weight would be the only thing to fix these problems, and that “unfortunately there isn’t anything that can be done about the hair. Try a different shampoo, and consider buying hair pieces.” She also said “hormone imbalances and high testosterone are just a part of PCOS. Nothing we can do, and if we did it wouldn’t change anything.”

I started crying during the appointment, and broke into full on sobbing afterwards. I feel like there aren’t any options out there for me. I try to research other things to do, but I become overwhelmed by the amount of information.

All I want is to lower my testosterone and try ANYTHING that could prevent more hair loss and possibly stimulate new hair growth. I want to feel better about myself, but it just doesn’t feel like that’s in the cards for me.

I know I probably need to find a new doctor…but does anyone have any suggestions on products you can get to help with either of these issues?

My doctor prescribed me a different dose of metformin and birth control (sprintec).

I’ve been depressed for the past 2 years. My PCOS only seems to be getting worse, which is making my depression worse.I had an appointment with my doctor today to see if there was anything she could suggest to treat my hair loss, and if we could do anything to try to get my hormone levels more balanced. I know that I need to lose weight, but with the level of depression I’ve been experiencing it’s hard to find the motivation. I explained this to her as well, and asked if there was anything we could do in the meantime so I could feel a little bit better about some of my PCOS issues.The doctor told me that losing weight would be the only thing to fix these problems, and that “unfortunately there isn’t anything that can be done about the hair. Try a different shampoo, and consider buying hair pieces.” She also said “hormone imbalances and high testosterone are just a part of PCOS. Nothing we can do, and if we did it wouldn’t change anything.”I started crying during the appointment, and broke into full on sobbing afterwards. I feel like there aren’t any options out there for me. I try to research other things to do, but I become overwhelmed by the amount of information.All I want is to lower my testosterone and try ANYTHING that could prevent more hair loss and possibly stimulate new hair growth. I want to feel better about myself, but it just doesn’t feel like that’s in the cards for me.I know I probably need to find a new doctor…but does anyone have any suggestions on products you can get to help with either of these issues?My doctor prescribed me a different dose of metformin and birth control (sprintec). https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/3u8nQ2g

Comments