Inositol & hair growing back

Just thought I'd share really.

I started taking inositol twice a day, the recommended dose. I think this was around May 2021? Anyway I felt like it had some mild benefits regarding cravings and carbs (more like I only notice the difference when I stop taking it if that makes sense!?) so i just kept taking it all this time lol.

So around November time I started noticing new hair growth!? All around my hairline on my forehead! Honestly it's getting a little out of control now.

The funny thing is i didn't even realise my hairline was receding, i always thought I didn't suffer from the hair loss aspect of PCOS but honestly the hair growth has been dramatic. I now realise those weird little bald spots above my temples weren't supposed to be there ๐Ÿ˜‚

Something that i believe influenced this as well was having a six week break from alcohol. It seems like most people don't drink much on this sub but I've been a fairly heavy drinker a lot of my life and in recent years started cutting down. I've since been doing a bit of amateur research and i think alcohol has been magnifying/causing a lot of my symptoms. I can't seem to find any links in research but i wonder if heavy drinking over a long time can cause PCOS in susceptible people.

It causes hormone imbalance, blood sugar changes and b vitamin deficiencies. I knew all this but never really clicked. The hair growth seemed to coincide with this six week break but I've since had alcohol and it hasn't hindered the hair growth. But of course I'm back off alcohol because i do think over time it will slow progress again.

I have a crackpot theory that none of my supplements or efforts were having as much impact because I was sabotaging them with alcohol!

Anyway that's my ramble, I'm just putting it out here in case anyone in future is searching about similar topics and has a similar experience.

(ps. If you do read this i could be completely wrong and the hair growth could be something else entirely! Who knows ๐Ÿ˜…)

Just thought I'd share really.I started taking inositol twice a day, the recommended dose. I think this was around May 2021? Anyway I felt like it had some mild benefits regarding cravings and carbs (more like I only notice the difference when I stop taking it if that makes sense!?) so i just kept taking it all this time lol.So around November time I started noticing new hair growth!? All around my hairline on my forehead! Honestly it's getting a little out of control now.The funny thing is i didn't even realise my hairline was receding, i always thought I didn't suffer from the hair loss aspect of PCOS but honestly the hair growth has been dramatic. I now realise those weird little bald spots above my temples weren't supposed to be there ๐Ÿ˜‚Something that i believe influenced this as well was having a six week break from alcohol. It seems like most people don't drink much on this sub but I've been a fairly heavy drinker a lot of my life and in recent years started cutting down. I've since been doing a bit of amateur research and i think alcohol has been magnifying/causing a lot of my symptoms. I can't seem to find any links in research but i wonder if heavy drinking over a long time can cause PCOS in susceptible people.It causes hormone imbalance, blood sugar changes and b vitamin deficiencies. I knew all this but never really clicked. The hair growth seemed to coincide with this six week break but I've since had alcohol and it hasn't hindered the hair growth. But of course I'm back off alcohol because i do think over time it will slow progress again.I have a crackpot theory that none of my supplements or efforts were having as much impact because I was sabotaging them with alcohol!Anyway that's my ramble, I'm just putting it out here in case anyone in future is searching about similar topics and has a similar experience.(ps. If you do read this i could be completely wrong and the hair growth could be something else entirely! Who knows ๐Ÿ˜…) https://bit.ly/3GblJNq https://bit.ly/3r9G5SY

Comments