for background, I’ve been diagnosed with ohvira (I was born with one kidney and two uteruses) and pcos.
I’ve been on birth control since I was 15 (I’m 20 now) and started it mainly to control my acne because it was so over bearing with my hormonal imbalances. My periods used to be so heavy that I would miss school and work, literally bed ridden. Birth control pills took away my periods completely so I can’t really complain much…
but I have literally always asked myself when I would stop taking it, and I guess I never thought about stopping it for real until recently.
I’ve been hearing stories about people finding tumors in their liver from taking birth control pills. This startled me because my liver is working overtime to compensate for my one kidney. I’ve been instructed not to take ibuprofen for example because it’s processed through your kidneys vs tylenol processing through your liver.
I just can’t help but wonder if it’s time to see what my periods are like again now that I’m 20 and see if having a period is manageable for me / seeing if exercise and changing my diet would genuinely help my skin and overall health etc because my immune system is compromised because of the one kidney as well, and I honestly can admit that I am not in any way living a healthy lifestyle.
I guess I’m just looking for maybe similar experiences or advice with getting off the pill after years of taking it
for background, I’ve been diagnosed with ohvira (I was born with one kidney and two uteruses) and pcos.I’ve been on birth control since I was 15 (I’m 20 now) and started it mainly to control my acne because it was so over bearing with my hormonal imbalances. My periods used to be so heavy that I would miss school and work, literally bed ridden. Birth control pills took away my periods completely so I can’t really complain much…but I have literally always asked myself when I would stop taking it, and I guess I never thought about stopping it for real until recently.I’ve been hearing stories about people finding tumors in their liver from taking birth control pills. This startled me because my liver is working overtime to compensate for my one kidney. I’ve been instructed not to take ibuprofen for example because it’s processed through your kidneys vs tylenol processing through your liver.I just can’t help but wonder if it’s time to see what my periods are like again now that I’m 20 and see if having a period is manageable for me / seeing if exercise and changing my diet would genuinely help my skin and overall health etc because my immune system is compromised because of the one kidney as well, and I honestly can admit that I am not in any way living a healthy lifestyle.I guess I’m just looking for maybe similar experiences or advice with getting off the pill after years of taking it https://ift.tt/4NRs2gQ https://ift.tt/Hy9aO4j
Comments
Post a Comment