Hey everyone. I need some advice. I’ve NEVER been on hormonal birth control and am extremely nervous. I’m 24, no children, and I am in a long term relationship with my partner and we’re currently using condoms. We do not want children.
When I was 19 I had the Copper IUD and it was AWFUL. I gave it a year and had it taken out because it worsened my periods to the point of being unbearable.
Then, I tried the “natural planning” method in which I used the Natural Cycles app to track everything but ended up having a pregnancy scare and decided to go back to condom use.
My periods are pretty manageable - 4-5 days of medium bleeding then light and daily regular. Mild cramps, nothing too serious.
My fears of starting birth control are depression, acne, and weight gain. General hormone imbalances I suppose. I don’t currently struggle with any of these, I do get the occasional breakout and seasonal depression. I’ve also never been on any mind altering prescription drugs.
So you can see my hesitation. I’ve narrowed it down to the two listed above but any and all helpful tips will be appreciated. Thanks!
Hey everyone. I need some advice. I’ve NEVER been on hormonal birth control and am extremely nervous. I’m 24, no children, and I am in a long term relationship with my partner and we’re currently using condoms. We do not want children.When I was 19 I had the Copper IUD and it was AWFUL. I gave it a year and had it taken out because it worsened my periods to the point of being unbearable.Then, I tried the “natural planning” method in which I used the Natural Cycles app to track everything but ended up having a pregnancy scare and decided to go back to condom use.My periods are pretty manageable - 4-5 days of medium bleeding then light and daily regular. Mild cramps, nothing too serious.My fears of starting birth control are depression, acne, and weight gain. General hormone imbalances I suppose. I don’t currently struggle with any of these, I do get the occasional breakout and seasonal depression. I’ve also never been on any mind altering prescription drugs.So you can see my hesitation. I’ve narrowed it down to the two listed above but any and all helpful tips will be appreciated. Thanks! https://ift.tt/trP9sxy https://ift.tt/ofUdRIk
Comments
Post a Comment