MH Question: Is it true certain meds make you non-deployable? Med boarded?

Helloooo

So I’ve been thinking about going to mental health about concerns over anxiety, depression, ptsd (non military related) and possible mood disorders due to possible hormonal imbalances.

I really feel like I should go and get help but I don’t want it to turn into “Oh you only went to mental health to get out of deploying” and watch it turn into this massive thing when that’s not my reasoning at all. I’ve deployed once and I’m not afraid to deploy again, I just want to take time to myself and make sure I’m mentally stable before doing all that. I’m also afraid that if I do go to MH and find out my problems are more severe than I originally thought, I’ll be med boarded which is my main concern.

So what I’m asking is, what’s the possibility of all of this happening?

Is it true there’s a “monitoring period” after being put on certain meds?

I’ve tried to do research on military disqualifies for certain disorders but does that apply for recruits only or AD as well?

Any experience with mental health is appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance.

**Only looking for serious replies.. If you don’t care about mental health keep scrolling please

HellooooSo I’ve been thinking about going to mental health about concerns over anxiety, depression, ptsd (non military related) and possible mood disorders due to possible hormonal imbalances.I really feel like I should go and get help but I don’t want it to turn into “Oh you only went to mental health to get out of deploying” and watch it turn into this massive thing when that’s not my reasoning at all. I’ve deployed once and I’m not afraid to deploy again, I just want to take time to myself and make sure I’m mentally stable before doing all that. I’m also afraid that if I do go to MH and find out my problems are more severe than I originally thought, I’ll be med boarded which is my main concern.So what I’m asking is, what’s the possibility of all of this happening?Is it true there’s a “monitoring period” after being put on certain meds?I’ve tried to do research on military disqualifies for certain disorders but does that apply for recruits only or AD as well?Any experience with mental health is appreciated as well.Thanks in advance.**Only looking for serious replies.. If you don’t care about mental health keep scrolling please https://ift.tt/6EnYwz8 https://ift.tt/0pNy3ql

Comments