Birth Control Pill when I have an hormone imbalance

Hi All,

I was diagnosed with multiple uterine fibroids (4 and not too big) and was given a lupin depot shot (3 month one) to help stop my periods along with iron supplements so that my haemoglobin/Iron levels could go back up. I was given the shot on June 3 and I had my menses on June 13 which lasted for 5 days but with Tranexamic acid I was able to manage the flow.

The Gyan said the periods will stop in subsequent month but I got my periods again on 13th July and it lasted for 12-13 days and I still get occasional mild spotting. The gynaecologist was at loss and so I went to another one who said it could be that the lupin takes time to work or maybe I should start Birth control pills (Drivels here in EU).

I have been feeling extremely fatigued so got my blood work and hormone test done and while my iron/haemoglobin is 12, my FSH,LH, Oestradiol & progesterone are verylow, probably due to Lupron injection.

I am feeling unsure now if I should start the BC pill (it is combined) and it may help with my unbalanced hormones also or should I wait to see if the lupin takes effect this month?

Anyone has ever taken BC while on lupron depot - anything I should be aware of?

Appreciate the inputs.

Hi All,I was diagnosed with multiple uterine fibroids (4 and not too big) and was given a lupin depot shot (3 month one) to help stop my periods along with iron supplements so that my haemoglobin/Iron levels could go back up. I was given the shot on June 3 and I had my menses on June 13 which lasted for 5 days but with Tranexamic acid I was able to manage the flow.The Gyan said the periods will stop in subsequent month but I got my periods again on 13th July and it lasted for 12-13 days and I still get occasional mild spotting. The gynaecologist was at loss and so I went to another one who said it could be that the lupin takes time to work or maybe I should start Birth control pills (Drivels here in EU).I have been feeling extremely fatigued so got my blood work and hormone test done and while my iron/haemoglobin is 12, my FSH,LH, Oestradiol & progesterone are verylow, probably due to Lupron injection.I am feeling unsure now if I should start the BC pill (it is combined) and it may help with my unbalanced hormones also or should I wait to see if the lupin takes effect this month?Anyone has ever taken BC while on lupron depot - anything I should be aware of?Appreciate the inputs. https://ift.tt/ZVkNJwH https://ift.tt/cdmoSuO

Comments