Finasteride works miracles for my hair, but unfortunately it gives me gyno. I've tried an AI (Aromasin) and SERM (Raloxifen), but I still get gyno (which theoretically should be inpossible).. I'd be really grateful for any advice.

Hairloss has changed me from a happy, energetic and outgoing young person to a bitter, anxious old man. I really cannot understate the affect is has on my mental well-being. My romantic, social and even professional life is suffering immensly from it.

I've been on and off finasteride, experimenting with different dosages, and while it always completely restores my hairline, it also gives me gyno (which after cessation of the drug goes away by itself).

I know some of you will say it sounds like bullshit, but endocrine systems are complex and everybody reacts differently. Finasteride for example, works for me even on 0.05mg every other day!

The main problem I have is that I don't know what causes the gyno. I've tried reading studies, but still a lot about the causes remains unclear. Most sources say it's because of an excess of estrogen, or an imbalance in estrogen - free testosterone, but others say it's because of prolactine or even progesterone.

I've booked an appointment with an endocrinologist, who hopefully can help me keep my hormone levels in the right ranges. This is really my only hope I think. The appointment is in 2 weeks from now.

I've tried shaving it off, but it just doesn't work for me. A hairplant is not really of any use without taking finasteride, a hairpiece is out of the question. Maybe I can get gyno surgery, but it is not guaranteed that I won't get new gyno.

Any help, advice or suggestion is REALLY appreciated.

Edit: I've had bloodwork done before finasteride. Nothing looked really suspicious except for slighty out of range prolactin levels.

Hairloss has changed me from a happy, energetic and outgoing young person to a bitter, anxious old man. I really cannot understate the affect is has on my mental well-being. My romantic, social and even professional life is suffering immensly from it.I've been on and off finasteride, experimenting with different dosages, and while it always completely restores my hairline, it also gives me gyno (which after cessation of the drug goes away by itself).I know some of you will say it sounds like bullshit, but endocrine systems are complex and everybody reacts differently. Finasteride for example, works for me even on 0.05mg every other day!The main problem I have is that I don't know what causes the gyno. I've tried reading studies, but still a lot about the causes remains unclear. Most sources say it's because of an excess of estrogen, or an imbalance in estrogen - free testosterone, but others say it's because of prolactine or even progesterone.I've booked an appointment with an endocrinologist, who hopefully can help me keep my hormone levels in the right ranges. This is really my only hope I think. The appointment is in 2 weeks from now.I've tried shaving it off, but it just doesn't work for me. A hairplant is not really of any use without taking finasteride, a hairpiece is out of the question. Maybe I can get gyno surgery, but it is not guaranteed that I won't get new gyno.Any help, advice or suggestion is REALLY appreciated.Edit: I've had bloodwork done before finasteride. Nothing looked really suspicious except for slighty out of range prolactin levels. https://ift.tt/v7KT03I https://ift.tt/0nDV9d7

Comments