Requesting help to interpret hormone results, GP not following up for another few weeks. :(

Hi there, I’m 27F. Normal BMI. Main concerns: gradually worsening acne and congestion on cheeks, temples, chin, & hair loss at temples. It started at the beginning of last year after having crystal clear skin my whole life.

I am worried that I may have some hormonal imbalance causing this acne and hair loss. Previously I had a transvaginal and pelvic ultrasound of my ovaries/uterus with results stating “consistent with, but not diagnostic of PCOS.”

I saw a doctor by telehealth to get my hormones tested and I don’t know how to properly interpret the results. It seems that my testosterone is normal but ratio wise, against other hormones, is it dominating? Or do I have estrogen dominance? What is causing my acne and hair loss?

FSH: 13.1 IU/L (MIDCYCLE REF RANGE: 4.2-19.0)

LH: 38.8 IU/L (MIDCYCLE REF RANGE: 9.1-74.2)

Estradiol: 994 pmol/L (MIDCYCLE REF RANGE: 140-2380)

DHEAS: 4.4 umol/L (REF RANGE: <10.8)

Testosterone: 0.9 nmol/L (REF RANGE: <1.8)

My GP is not available to follow up with me for another few weeks so I was hoping that someone could help me interpret these. My blood work was done on day 12 of my menstrual cycle (I wasn’t told to go at a specific time).

Thank you for your time.

Hi there, I’m 27F. Normal BMI. Main concerns: gradually worsening acne and congestion on cheeks, temples, chin, & hair loss at temples. It started at the beginning of last year after having crystal clear skin my whole life.I am worried that I may have some hormonal imbalance causing this acne and hair loss. Previously I had a transvaginal and pelvic ultrasound of my ovaries/uterus with results stating “consistent with, but not diagnostic of PCOS.”I saw a doctor by telehealth to get my hormones tested and I don’t know how to properly interpret the results. It seems that my testosterone is normal but ratio wise, against other hormones, is it dominating? Or do I have estrogen dominance? What is causing my acne and hair loss?FSH: 13.1 IU/L (MIDCYCLE REF RANGE: 4.2-19.0)LH: 38.8 IU/L (MIDCYCLE REF RANGE: 9.1-74.2)Estradiol: 994 pmol/L (MIDCYCLE REF RANGE: 140-2380)DHEAS: 4.4 umol/L (REF RANGE: <10.8)Testosterone: 0.9 nmol/L (REF RANGE: <1.8)My GP is not available to follow up with me for another few weeks so I was hoping that someone could help me interpret these. My blood work was done on day 12 of my menstrual cycle (I wasn’t told to go at a specific time).Thank you for your time. https://ifttt.com/images/no_image_card.png https://www.reddit.com/r/AskDocs/comments/wx2rvf/requesting_help_to_interpret_hormone_results_gp/?utm_source=ifttt

Comments