Mirena IUD Removal after 5 Years [Updates]

20F - 5 year Mirena removal

I decided to write a post about my Mirena removal just so that y'all can have more stories. I think my experience might also be reassuring.

PRE- REMOVAL: I got my IUD removed because I was having cruel recurring yeast infections - that were typically where my period used to be. I was also having acne issues around the 3rd - 4th year and the 1st year of insertion I had major depression. I also just had an overall lower sex drive and dry asf spells monthly -- it was cruel.

I had a few symptoms of weight gain in the beginning 2 years but eventually my weight leveled off.

Immediately after removal:

When the IUD was removed -- when I tell you that a weight was LIFTED off of my body?! I felt like I was in a "Claritin: I Can See Clearly Now" commercial.

The evening:

I was feeling a little nauseous and groggy at night which I did attribute to a sudden hormonal imbalance.

Next week:

I felt MUCH better - my skin started to develop some dark spots and some acne around my chin, which I attributed to this hormonal imbalance. I also began having withdrawal bleeding two days after removal - followed by some cramping. The withdrawal bleeding lasted about 4 days.

One Month Later:

I had one yeast infection but I chalked it off as my body just adjusting. Afterwards, I have began producing more lubrication and more egg white discharge (#wearebackinbusinessbaby!)

My skin began clearing up - I did not shift my skin care routine (cleanser, niacinamide serum, moisturizer and spf) except for the fact that I added a salicylic face mask 2x a week.

I just got my period (a little after) one month after removal -- things seem to be going smoothly. Typical cramps and fatigue - resolved about 90% with Midol Complete. Typical period acne pimples.

I have had no drastic mood shifts besides feeling more energetic and a bit closer to my emotions if that makes sense -- I exercise daily (to facilitate estrogen production) and I journal every night so that is very helpful for tracking my mood. :)

Hopefully this is helpful - Ill be back with another update!

20F - 5 year Mirena removalI decided to write a post about my Mirena removal just so that y'all can have more stories. I think my experience might also be reassuring.PRE- REMOVAL: I got my IUD removed because I was having cruel recurring yeast infections - that were typically where my period used to be. I was also having acne issues around the 3rd - 4th year and the 1st year of insertion I had major depression. I also just had an overall lower sex drive and dry asf spells monthly -- it was cruel.I had a few symptoms of weight gain in the beginning 2 years but eventually my weight leveled off.Immediately after removal:When the IUD was removed -- when I tell you that a weight was LIFTED off of my body?! I felt like I was in a "Claritin: I Can See Clearly Now" commercial.The evening:I was feeling a little nauseous and groggy at night which I did attribute to a sudden hormonal imbalance.Next week:I felt MUCH better - my skin started to develop some dark spots and some acne around my chin, which I attributed to this hormonal imbalance. I also began having withdrawal bleeding two days after removal - followed by some cramping. The withdrawal bleeding lasted about 4 days.One Month Later:I had one yeast infection but I chalked it off as my body just adjusting. Afterwards, I have began producing more lubrication and more egg white discharge (#wearebackinbusinessbaby!)My skin began clearing up - I did not shift my skin care routine (cleanser, niacinamide serum, moisturizer and spf) except for the fact that I added a salicylic face mask 2x a week.I just got my period (a little after) one month after removal -- things seem to be going smoothly. Typical cramps and fatigue - resolved about 90% with Midol Complete. Typical period acne pimples.I have had no drastic mood shifts besides feeling more energetic and a bit closer to my emotions if that makes sense -- I exercise daily (to facilitate estrogen production) and I journal every night so that is very helpful for tracking my mood. :)Hopefully this is helpful - Ill be back with another update! https://ift.tt/fx8mJtk https://ift.tt/idYnWgX

Comments