Anyone else discover that BC might be the only thing that controls their PCOS symptoms?

I’ve been off of birth control for several months, and immediately started supplementing with the usual suspects - berberine, spearmint, inositol. I’ve read so many success stories, but sadly I’m not one of them.

My facial hair has gotten significantly worse, I haven’t had any periods, and I’m starting to get those lovely itchy velvety patches on my neck. No changes to diet, weight, exercise routine. My insulin was normal at my last checkup, but I do have a history of insulin resistance. I haven’t experienced a significant change to my mental health, either.

I had read so much about oral contraceptives being used to “mask symptoms” that I didn’t realize just how much they were helping my hormonal imbalance. I’m not (nor will I ever be) trying to conceive, so I think it might be time for me to face the music and embrace that BC is the solution for me.

Curious about others’ experiences. Anyone else in the same boat?

I’ve been off of birth control for several months, and immediately started supplementing with the usual suspects - berberine, spearmint, inositol. I’ve read so many success stories, but sadly I’m not one of them.My facial hair has gotten significantly worse, I haven’t had any periods, and I’m starting to get those lovely itchy velvety patches on my neck. No changes to diet, weight, exercise routine. My insulin was normal at my last checkup, but I do have a history of insulin resistance. I haven’t experienced a significant change to my mental health, either.I had read so much about oral contraceptives being used to “mask symptoms” that I didn’t realize just how much they were helping my hormonal imbalance. I’m not (nor will I ever be) trying to conceive, so I think it might be time for me to face the music and embrace that BC is the solution for me.Curious about others’ experiences. Anyone else in the same boat? https://ift.tt/4gMHbUs https://ift.tt/7n3KsIv

Comments