Are there any women here with no history or need of antidepressants who now need them because of perimenopause (which starts in your late 30's/early 40's)?

I wanted to reach out to this community because, well, the title of my post. To reiterate: Have any women here moved into their late 30's or even early 40's and started antidepressants to cope with the inevitable hormonal imbalances that exacerbate low serotonin? (Radically shifting/decreasing progesterone and estrogen causes low serotonin.)

I probably don't need to list the symptoms because if you're a perimenopausal woman (aka anyone over 35) then you know the hell that I am referring to. It comes on gradually, then picks up momentum over the years.

Anyway, here are some better questions: What prescription antidepressants are working for you? Are you on a combination of things? (Also, are you dealing with the insomnia too?)

I've asked this in the Menopause subreddit (a lot of folks who are younger/peri subscribe there) and I've had a lot of feedback there, too. I just wanted to hear feedback from this community as well.

I wanted to reach out to this community because, well, the title of my post. To reiterate: Have any women here moved into their late 30's or even early 40's and started antidepressants to cope with the inevitable hormonal imbalances that exacerbate low serotonin? (Radically shifting/decreasing progesterone and estrogen causes low serotonin.)I probably don't need to list the symptoms because if you're a perimenopausal woman (aka anyone over 35) then you know the hell that I am referring to. It comes on gradually, then picks up momentum over the years.Anyway, here are some better questions: What prescription antidepressants are working for you? Are you on a combination of things? (Also, are you dealing with the insomnia too?)I've asked this in the Menopause subreddit (a lot of folks who are younger/peri subscribe there) and I've had a lot of feedback there, too. I just wanted to hear feedback from this community as well. https://ift.tt/hmSNKLy https://ift.tt/UsoptBJ

Comments