OCD & Hormone Imbalance

Hello friends, I have struggled with OCD for quite some time. For the past 5 or so years I have been on an antidepressant, Cymbalta, that has definitely helped, but sadly the OCD has always been able to still peak through. I had talked with my Doctor about how my OCD tendencies/thoughts usually become worse the week before my period. She decided to get my hormones tested and noticed that my progesterone was lower than it should be. I started taking progesterone days 15-28 of my cycle & most of not all of the OCD tendencies I was having are gone. I advise those around me to try getting your hormones checked to see if anything is out of wack!

Hello friends, I have struggled with OCD for quite some time. For the past 5 or so years I have been on an antidepressant, Cymbalta, that has definitely helped, but sadly the OCD has always been able to still peak through. I had talked with my Doctor about how my OCD tendencies/thoughts usually become worse the week before my period. She decided to get my hormones tested and noticed that my progesterone was lower than it should be. I started taking progesterone days 15-28 of my cycle & most of not all of the OCD tendencies I was having are gone. I advise those around me to try getting your hormones checked to see if anything is out of wack! https://ift.tt/jekU84Z https://ift.tt/xGnLYJT

Comments